Life's too short: a sneak peek of For the First Time in Forever

(Loki's POV)
I stood at the door, all my team members and my betrothed's family behind me,
"Just knock!" Said the snowman

I turned and glared at him, then sighed, turned and knocked,
Surprisingly the door creaked and opened slightly.

I took that as our cue to come in.

We crept inside and at first we didn't see anyone around...

Then I saw her... at the top of the grand staircase...
She was... breathtaking.
She had cut her hair in a bob. It was stunning.

"It's... you...?" Elsa said quietly, I outstretched my arms, hoping she'd come closer. But then she saw the others, and her eyes narrowed.

"Anna... you led them to my safe place... why?"

"Elsa... don't you understand...? They don't wanna hurt you... they wanna help. They might be able to help you control your powers better."

She hesitated. Then turned away,
"No... you must leave... for your own safety."

"Elsa... if I may-"
But she cut me off,
"No... no you may not." And she started going up the stairs to another room.

"Elsa please don't shut everybody out again... please don't slam the door! You don't have to hide away alone anymore!!!" Anna pleaded, but I shushed her, holding up one finger.

I followed her upstairs.

She had paused at the window, face covered by her hands in her distress.

She must have heard me because she said
"You don't understand how hard it is to leave her... we had just gotten back to normal after being separated for years."

I frowned, and took her hand in mine.
"But Elsa... we all love you... we need you..."
I need you...
"And anyways that's all in the past..."

Elsa opened her eyes, confused.
"It is?"

I smirked,
"I came all this way to give us a fresh start
But now you're just so stunning you're just melting my heart."
Elsa smiled gently, looking up at the icy chandelier above us,
"Well this is who I am, welcome to the real me! You have no idea how great it feels to be free!" A flurry appeared around us.

I smiled
"We've been falling out for way too long! So let's forget who's right!"
"And forget who's wrong!" Elsa chimed in
"Okay!" I laughed
"Why don't you stay there's room for more in my court!" She said and I laughed
"Cause life's too short to always feel shut out and unloved by the girl that I longed to know!" I said

"Life's too short to never let you see who I am the true queen of the ice and snow!!!" Elsa said cheerily forming a throne out of ice and snowflakes I was stunned to see her beautiful art made in person.

"Whoa..." I gasped.

"I never understood but now I do!!! Life's too short to miss out on a best friend like you!!!" We both said as we looked at our reflections in the wall.
My arms wrapped around her in a tender embrace... even if she didn't feel the same way I felt about her this was enough... for now.

We laughed together, reminiscing about our childhood adventures.

"So you'll come back then?" I pleaded, Elsa stared blankly.

"Back...? But I thought you were gonna stay here with me? With Anna and Kristoff? We don't have to leave and ever be alone again!"
"Uhh... you kinda froze over the channel between New York City and New Jersey... and while I'm pretty sure it'll be melted soon because it was a thin layer... you should probably come back with us, to train your powers... we could still be together... but you should practice..."

"Oh..." she said dejectedly.

I inched a gift I had been meaning to give her as a welcome present... a ring made of icy light blue sapphires and dark green emeralds, to symbolize our friendship... and maybe something more... I didn't mean anything by it... but she looked confused...

"Soooo....?" I said hesitantly, "it's a welcome to the family gift for you!"

She blinked, then something clicked,

"Wait are you serious?!? We haven't seen each other in years and you- first the kiss now this?!? I don't believe you!!! Like what are you trying to do to my head?!!!?"
Then I was horrified, she thought I was trying to propose to her... Anna had told us on the way up about what had happened the past few years, she had said a prince named Hans tried to propose to her to secure a spot in line for the throne and I should have known she'd have been very affected by that... but I wasn't thinking clearly.
"Oh! No no no no no!!! That's not-"

"I heard about your escapades for the throne of Asgard!!! You think you'll marry me and get a crown! That's how your story ends!!!!" Elsa spat angrily.

"No no no!!! It'll be just like it was except for we'll be best friends!" I said
"Ha! Yeah right! That's been your plan all along! To force me back in a cage!!!" She hissed.

"Whoa! Whoa!!! Don't get upset let's get back on the same page!!!" I pleaded.

She started leading me back downstairs dragging me my my wrist all the way there.
She was furious.

"Gee thanks for coming out to see the place!!! And showing off your mastery of tact and grace okay! Run down the mountain and spill my secrets make a full report!!!" She opened the huge double doors and A freezing cold blast of wind blew in.

"Bye!!!" She said, "cause life's too short!!!"

I slammed the door back shut again and glared at her,

"There it is!!! The door you slam in everyone's face you did well there for a spell but now you're back in the same place! Kick me out if you want but I'm the only one who is not 100% convinced you'll kill us all too!!!!!" I yelled.
She gasped in disgust and started to leave the room again.

"You can think whatever you want cause I don't care!!! You'd betray us all for a throne!!!"

I grimaced,
"That is so unfair!!!"

"I swear!!! I'm through with taking your 'unshaking neverending' support!!!" We both yelled,

She humphed and turned to leave,
"Life's too short to let you treat the people down there just as coldly as you always treated me!!!" I growled

"Life's too short to listen to a reckless fool!!!Who only ever sees the things he wants to see!!!!" She yelled,
That one hurt...  really bad.

"YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!!!" I roared.

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IVE BEEN THROUGH BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!!" We both yelled at each other

"Life's too short to waste another minute!!!" I said
"Life's too short to even have you in it!!!!!" Elsa said and that one hurt even worse than the last one.

I started to grab her wrist and she turned and blasted me with a cold explosion of ice and snow...
"LIFES TOO SHORT!!!!" She screamed, and I dropped,

And she gasped in horror at what she'd done

"No." She whimpered.

She rushed to my side.

"No no no no no not again!!!!!" She pleaded,
but then to my horror and disgust my skin started turning blue...
She gasped.
"You... you're..."

"Surpriiiiise..." I said weakly, defeated. I was really hoping to postpone this revelation...