18. Past, Present and Future

The weekend rolled around in no time. Unlike Tee's obvious disinterest in the romantic holiday, Rose was very excited about St. Valentine's. Not only was it her first time spending the holiday with a guy, it was also her first real date with George.

They'd agreed to not really plan out their day beforehand. Since Hogsmeade was likely to be busy that weekend, they knew there was a high chance of the crowds ruining their plans. So they'd headed into Hogsmeade with open minds. It was nice. Rose had always preferred to just go with the flow.

They'd been blessed with quite a good day for it too. The snow had now completely disappeared. Instead, it was dry and also surprisingly warm for February.

"So is there anything you want to do whilst we're here?" Rose asked, looking up at George. He seemed perfectly at ease, whereas she was actually a little nervous. She knew it was silly though – it was only George. It was just the situation that felt like it was putting pressure on her.

George noticed it too, but he just laughed at her. "You don't have to sound so formal about it."

Rose smiled. "Sorry. It's just all a little new to me, this dating malarkey. I've never been on one before."

"That's okay; neither have I," George reassured her.

"Really?" Rose wasn't really sure why she was surprised – she just expected everyone else to have had more dating experience than her. Plus the twins were well-known at school and quite popular.

"Really," George laughed again, throwing an arm across her shoulders. "So congratulations. You're the first one to take me away from Fred."

Rose laughed as well, winding her arm round George's waist and tucking her hand into the pocket of her robes. She always had cold hands, but it was a good excuse to steal other people's body heat. "In that case, I'm honoured. And not speaking formally, where would you like to go?"

"I'm thinking somewhere less busy?" George suggested with a cheeky smile.

Rose laughed again and elbowed him in the side. "Just what are you suggesting?" She may have won over the milder of the two twins, but George certainly had his own mischievous streak to be reckoned with.

"It was only an idea," said George innocently, his brown eyes twinkling.

"I'm sure it was," smiled Rose.

                                                                                         XXX

True to her word, Tee spent most of the Valentine's Day morning in bed. She'd never really been one for lie-ins, but her four-poster bed at Hogwarts was definitely much comfier than the small bed she had at home.

What was she going to do for the rest of the day? She'd always made a point to spend Valentine's Day with her girlfriends. It was weird knowing that Rose was off on a date. Rose had always been known as a bit of a serial man-hater, so the idea that she now had a boyfriend was still a little bizarre.

Whilst Tee was staring up at the ceiling and thinking to herself, something suddenly hit the side of her face, almost taking her eye out. She started and abruptly sat up. What the hell...

It was a paper aeroplane. It made a rather ungainly loop-the-loop before nose-diving at her face again. This time, Tee was ready and grabbed it before it could do any damage – whether it was eye-gouging or paper cuts. She unfolded it curiously to find a short note scrawled inside it.

'Get up, you lazy git.'

Tee couldn't help smiling. She should have known. Well, tough. Right now she felt too comfy to go anywhere. At least until she was hungry anyway. She groped for the wand on her bedside table and pointed it at the half-crumpled aeroplane that was now performing uncoordinated somersaults.