02. First Day

The next morning, Rose was up and dressed before Tee was even awake. Eventually she threw a slipper at her to wake her up. Tee groaned and rolled over. "What's the time?" she mumbled into her pillow.

"Time for you to get up," answered Rose. "Because I'm bored and it'll be time for breakfast in a bit."

"Okay, okay," said Tee, rolling back over and sitting up. She swung her legs round and got out. Breakfast was at least an incentive

The other girls in the dormitory were already awake and getting dressed themselves.

"What I wanna know..." said Tee, pulling her robes over her head. "Is how there were enough beds for us in this dormitory."

"That's because two of the girls left this year," interrupted one of the girls, whose name was Katie Bell. "They used to be in this dormitory, so it meant there were two spare beds."

"But that doesn't explain how Dumbledore knew we were going to be in Gryffindor," Tee pointed out.

Katie didn't know the answer either. "Yeah... He never misses a thing though."

"So how come the other girls left in their fifth year?" asked Rose. "What about their OWLs?"

"They're travelling around the world," said Katie. "They're following one of those international Quidditch teams. So they're gonna take their OWLs abroad."

"That's pretty cool," said Tee.

"Yeah," agreed Katie. "I used to hang around with them; they were two of my best friends. They offered me a place to go with them, but my parents wanted me to stay at Hogwarts." She made a face.

"That sucks," said Tee.

"I know... And it means we need to find some more Chasers for our Quidditch team now," added Katie.

"There's empty places on the team? Really?" asked Tee, suddenly excited. She never would have expected the opportunity to try out for the team when she was starting in her fifth year. She'd assumed the teams would have been solid by now.

"Yeah," said Katie, amused by Tee's reaction. "I take it you play?" Tee nodded enthusiastically. "You should apply then."

"I will!" Tee insisted happily. They debated over Quidditch teams whilst they finished getting dressed.

"You all set?" Rose asked Tee, once she was ready.

"Yup!" said Tee. She bid Katie goodbye and followed Rose down to the common room. It was quite empty – most people seemed to have already gone down for breakfast. "We gonna go get some food then? I'm well hungry!"

Rose laughed. "You're always hungry! Come on then."

Once they'd made their way down the many flights of stairs, they managed to find the Great Hall by following the stream of students that seemed to be coming from every direction but all heading through the same door. They shifted through the crowd of people and found themselves some seats at the Gryffindor table. They'd only just filled their plates when the twins suddenly appeared and sat down on either side of them.

"Morning!" they greeted brightly.

"By the way, you've got a question you need to be answering..." Fred said to Tee, as soon as they'd sat down.

"What?" asked Tee, slightly bewildered.

"Who's who?" Fred indicated himself and George.

"Easy..." Tee grinned smugly. "Fred, George," she said straightaway, pointing to each of them correctly without even having to pause to think.

Fred looked for a moment like he was slightly impressed, but managed to hide the expression. "Another lucky guess."