14. Secret's Out

The next morning, Tee was the last one to get up. Everyone else was already in the common room. Rose was watching Fred and George play Exploding Snap. Tee flopped onto the sofa beside her.

"You alright, Tee?" asked Rose. Her friend was currently burying her head in the cushions.

"Headache-y," Tee moaned.

Fred just laughed. "Hangover?"

"No, I just didn't really sleep," replied Tee from underneath the cushions.

"Why don't you go see Madam Pomfrey?" Rose suggested, feeling sympathetic. "She can probably sort it, easy."

Tee sat up. "I never even thought of that. There was me just taking painkillers like an idiot. I'm going the hospital wing then."

"Want me to come with you?" offered Rose.

"Sure," said Tee enthusiastically, grabbing her friend's arm. "Let's have girl time!"

Rose was right. Madam Pomfrey was able to magic away Tee's headache in a second. Tee marvelled at this. She'd never have to take Paracetamol again.

On the way back up to the common room, Rose decided it was question time. "I'm surprised Fred didn't offer to go with you. He didn't even seem bothered that you felt unwell."

Tee shrugged. "Well, why would he?"

"You mean there isn't anything going on between you two?" pressed Rose.

"Come on, Rose, you know me better than that," said Tee reproachfully. "You didn't ask that about any of the other guys."

"I know," agreed Rose. "But it's Fred!"

"And he was drunk just like the rest of them," laughed Tee. "That's just fun Tee time."

Rose laughed too. "I don't know how you can both just be so casual around each other after last night."

"Talent," grinned Tee. "You know how much relationships freak me out anyway."

"Yeah, I do," said Rose. "That's why I was a bit confused."

"We're best friends. I'd have told you if there was something going on," Tee hinted, hoping maybe Rose would venture secrets of her own. But Rose said nothing else, making Tee feel like having a mini sulk.

Back in the common room, a similar conversation was unfolding. "So are you and Tee like a thing now?" George had asked once Tee and Rose had left. After the party had ended, Rose had given into telling him all about what she'd seen.

Fred looked at him in surprise and laughed. "No, why?"

"Why do you think? Last night, idiot," said George.

"Nah," said Fred. "That just seemed to be the game last night, so I felt like joining in."

George rolled his eyes. He should have known that really. "Trust you."

"I'd tell you otherwise," continued Fred. "Like you'd tell me if it was the other way round, right?"

"Right..." George agreed hesitantly.

Fred resisted the urge to grin. He always knew when his twin was lying. Right now being one of those instances. Luckily for George, he was saved from anymore questioning by the reappearance of Tee and Rose.

"Hey, Tee. Your head better?" asked George.

"Good as new!" beamed Tee. "All thanks to Rose." She gave her friend a big hug.