10. Education Can Be Painful Too

The next several weeks seemed to fly by. Halloween passed and so did Bonfire Night. Before they knew it, they were in the last week of December before the Christmas holidays. The school was already decorated lavishly for the festive season.

"So what are you guys doing for Christmas?" George asked over breakfast one morning.

"Staying here," said Tee straightaway.

Rose was surprised. Neither of them had mentioned it before. "I thought you would have wanted to go home. You kept saying you missed people."

"Yeah, but I don't wanna miss my first Christmas at Hogwarts," Tee pointed out. "It'll be cool!"

"Okay, who's been feeding you sugar this early?" asked Fred.

Tee shrugged. "There's sugar in my cereal..."

"So I've got a hyper Tee to look after today then," laughed Rose.

"Lucky you," said George sarcastically.

"It's okay," smiled Rose. "You have to make compromises when it comes to friends," she added jokingly.

"Yeah, like when I had to watch 'Tipping The Velvet' with Ariadne," interrupted Tee, making a face. "I didn't like that at all."

"Was that the gay film?" asked Rose. Tee nodded.

"What?" said Fred and George simultaneously.

"Ariadne's a lesbian," said Tee brightly.

The twins couldn't think of anything to say to that. Eventually George just asked, "Why's it called 'Tipping The Velvet'?"

"Because that's what they call it when girls... y'know..." Tee sucked her finger and then made an upwards hooking gesture with it.

Fred choked on his orange juice. George had to hit him on the back. "You don't hold back, do you Kittykat?"

"No way; that's not as fun," grinned Tee.

Rose suddenly leant across the table and slapped Fred's hand. "Ow!" yelped Fred. "What was that for?"

"She's my cat; not yours," said Rose, giving him an evil look.

Fred grinned. "Well, you're gonna have to share now. I think it's cute."

"So does that mean you're gonna stay for Christmas too, Rose?" asked George quickly.

"Yeah, I can't leave my Tee!" said Rose, which made Tee beam happily. "What about you? Are you two staying?"

"Yeah, we usually do," said George. The bell rang, signalling that students should start moving to their first lesson. "Come on, we'll be late for Transfiguration."

In Transfiguration, they'd recently been backtracking to some simpler transformations, but this lesson they were going back for another attempt on changing teapots into tortoises – something that had failed miserably the last time they'd tried. Professor McGonagall gave them their teapots back. Whilst everyone was having another go, she started making her way around the classroom to inspect.

"You'd think she'd get the hint that we're just not gonna get this," muttered Fred.

"Then I suggest you hurry up and 'get this', Weasley," barked Professor McGonagall, making him jump. She'd been standing behind him and none of them had realised. "Your OWLs are drawing closer, which means all of you need to pick up the pace a little."

She carried on over to the other side of the classroom. Tee started giggling. "I thought you were actually gonna fall out of your chair."

"Oh, shut up," grinned Fred, cuffing her round the head.