16. Tee Freaks Out

Tee spent as much time as she could in her dormitory over the next few days. It was a lot easier to avoid anything embarrassing by just not being around Fred. Rose had given up on questioning her, since she obviously wasn't willing to explain anything.

However, Tee's plan failed when the new term started and they all had to go back to their normal lessons. It was impossible to avoid Fred when they were in classes together all day.

Monday wasn't too bad. In Transfiguration, they were only taking notes for the start of their next spell and Defence Against The Dark Arts was a practical against dugbogs. Both lessons required a lot of attention, so Tee didn't really have chance to dwell on anything else.

Herbology wasn't so good. They were working on puffapods – fat green plants with seeds that burst into life on sharp intact. Fred was in one of his funny moods again and was practically dancing around Tee and Rose with some roses that Professor Sprout kept to feed the Venomous Tentacula. This caused Tee to drop nearly all of the seeds on the floor, meaning a forest of pink flowers had bloomed around their worktop. Professor Sprout was not impressed.

Luckily, Tee could then escape with Rose to Muggle Studies. She'd been constantly annoyed with herself over the last several days. She liked guys all the time, but she'd never before had one turn her into a babbling idiot just by being around her. She supposed it was just weird that it was Fred she liked. They'd been friends since the beginning of the year and she hadn't once thought of him in that way. And now that she had, she couldn't stop thinking about it.

Tuesday faired better to start off with. In Care of Magical Creatures Hagrid had brought in a couple of unicorns. Unicorns didn't trust boys much, so the boys had had to wait further away whilst the girls were allowed to go forward and admire the unicorns close up. Rose generally wanted most animals that they learnt about in Hagrid's lessons, but she was adamant that she definitely wanted a unicorn.

Following this was History of Magic – in which they could doze off, daydream and just generally not pay any attention and get away with it. Professor Flitwick had them start on Cheering Charms after lunch. Tee and Rose paired up and got fairly enthusiastic with their charms, meaning they spent the majority of the lesson in fits of giggles. Tee was thoroughly happy after that lesson. Cheering Charms had obviously been good for her.

It didn't take long for her mood to change, however, when they had Divination next. Professor Trelawney was introducing them to palm-reading. Like everything else they'd learnt so far, she told them that palm-reading was a difficult, very precise art that she didn't expect any of them to follow.

Rose had been quite offended by this, since she used to practice palm-reading herself and the twins grumbled that there was no point in learning something that the teacher didn't think any of them would get anyway. Nevertheless, the class set to work in pairs, as usual, consulting their copies of 'Unfogging The Future'.

"This isn't right," Rose protested. "This is nothing like the version I learnt from. It doesn't explain the heart line right. And there's nothing on how many partners and children you're going to have."

Tee made a face. "I never liked that part anyway. It always told me I was gonna have lots of kids."

George laughed. "I take it you don't want kids then?"

Tee shook her head furiously. "No way; I hate kids. I don't think I even wanna get married."

"You've still gotta come to my wedding though," insisted Rose.

"As long as I can choose dresses," negotiated Tee.

"Deal," Rose laughed.

"Geez. Only a fifth year and you're already planning your wedding," teased George.