12. Christmas Morning

The next morning, Tee and Rose had gone into Hogsmeade to do some last minute Christmas shopping. Since it was the first day of the Christmas holidays and only a few days before Christmas Eve, most people had gone home to stay with their families. The only other Gryffindors left were the Weasley family, Kayley and her friends, several third years and a small group of seventh years.

The girls had gone into Hogsmeade early to avoid any crowds. The twins had still been up in their dormitory when they'd left, so they'd assumed they were still asleep. Tee and Rose were actually quite enjoying it just being the two of them – something that only lasted for another hour before they ran into the twins outside Honeydukes.

"There you are! We wondered where you'd gone," said George when he spotted them.

"You don't need to keep tabs on us all the time, do you?" teased Rose. "We're not as lazy as you; we didn't want to wait around till you got up."

"I can see you're taking the whole non-uniform for the holidays thing very seriously," Fred said to Tee, raising an eyebrow at her clashing outfit.

"Totally!" replied Tee, ignoring the sarcasm. She was happy with her bright green electro t-shirt, grey skinny jeans and red leather boots. "I can finally wear something nice and colourful. Can't say the same for you though."

Both twins were still wearing their robes, since it was a cold morning and the ground was covered in frost. However, Tee was just wearing a thin black hoody decorated with rainbow stars. She didn't even have it zipped up.

"That's because we prefer to be warm," said Fred pointedly. "Aren't you freezing?"

"Meh." Tee shrugged. "It's not that important."

George laughed, shaking his head. "At least Rose's sensible enough."

"Yeah, I don't go in for colours that much. Give me black on black any day," smiled Rose. She was wearing a long black trench coat with buckles and spider-web flaps on the shoulders. The coat nearly reached the floor. "Though I have Tee to thank for the coat, since it's actually hers."

"So why don't you just wear it yourself?" Fred asked Tee.

She looked down at the floor sheepishly. "It's a bit long for me. It drags on the floor."

Rose cut in before Fred could comment, "All she needs is some higher boots and she'll be fine. Then I'll just have to teach her how to walk in heels."

"I've asked Father Christmas already," grinned Tee.

"Well, you definitely won't get any. You haven't been a good girl," teased Fred. "You're too naughty."

"So what do you wanna get for Christmas?" George quickly asked Rose, looking slightly alarmed that the conversation may be leaning towards the X-rated side.

"I'm not really sure, to be honest," said Rose with a slight shrug.

"Well, that's helpful," laughed George. Both he and Fred had agreed that girls were a bugger to shop for.

"I'd be happy with a nice car," grinned Tee. "I love cars."

"A car?" Fred raised his eyebrows. "Isn't that more something for guys to obsess over?"

"I don't damn well care," said Tee. "I've always adored cars. I don't care if girls are supposed to like them or not. If someone bought me a car, I'd love them forever."

"I think only a millionaire would be able to afford you a nice car," George pointed out.

"That's alright. I'd be quite happy with loving a millionaire," grinned Tee.