Chapter 14: Orochi

The Major's fleet was currently sailing roughly in the direction of South back to Pearl as he stood on the edge of flight deck at the bow of SN Kiev, feeling the cool wind pass by him as he dawned his full combat attire with a MPi-AKS-74NK slung around the front of his body, a multicam backpack wrapped in barbwire mounted on his back and his tan half balaclava was down as he smoked a cigarette with the roar of jet engines begin heard faintly in the distance only to grow louder as Vulcans, Tu-22M3s, Su-24M2s and MRs, Su-25s being escorted by Su-27S1M and P1M models as well as Mig-29Ms passed over the fleet at a low altitude breaking sound barrier before disappearing into the horizon as they broke the sound barrier. As Major. Polʹovyy (Field) was lost in his thoughts as he enjoyed the view his phone went off.

"Pryvit komandyre, shcho ya mozhu dlya vas zrobyty?" (Hello Commander, what can I do for you?) He asked upon answering.

"Sytuatsiya zminylasya Mayor. Syreny vvely v diyu MBR. Vashi nakazy mayutʹ zvʺyazatysya z operatyvnoyu hrupoyu, yaka znakhodytʹsya na pivdennyy zakhid vid vashoyi potochnoyi pozytsiyi, i vy povynni dopomohty zatonuty armadu syreny, yaka pidtrymuyetʹsya tym, shcho my vvazhayemo proektom Orochi, ta nevidomoyu syrenoyu, yaka take falʹsyfikatsiyi vyhlyadaye pryblyzno tak samo yak tviy." (The situation has changed Major. The Siren's have brought ICBM's into play. Your orders are to link up with a task force that is Southwest of your current position and you are to assist in sinking a Siren armada that is being supported by what we presume to be Project Orochi and by an unknown Siren who's rigging looks about the same as yours.) Cdr. Crystal informed

"Zrozumily i do pobachennya" (Understood and goodbye.) He replied.

"Do pobachennya mayor." (Goodbye Major.) She replied but forgot to end the call as the Major listened in as the subject was about him and the voices in the background belonged to people he was all too familiar with.

"Cdr. Crystal, we see that you and Major. Polʹovyy (Field) have a little relationship going on."  Said an Male who said like an American.

"Maybe we do, maybe we don't, what's it to you?" She inquired. "I don't see a problem with having a relationship with a soldier."

"He's a liability to everyone around him and must be disposed of." Stated another Male with a German accent. "He didn't get the name Angel of Death for no reason."

"He operates differently in the sense that he kills humans, sirens or even kansens as to him there all the same."  Countered a British sounding male. "He's removed the overall Commander of Iron Blood in the sense of giving him an early retirement."

"He had his orders. Besides, he's the Commander of the 666th Division and neither you nor me can be held responsible for his actions as they are his alone as we do not control him. The only people who have some say are NATO, the Ukrainian army and government as Azur Lane is nothing more than a sub faction of NATO and Ukraine isn't part of NATO." Cdr. Crystal defended. Before changing her demeanor into an angry one. "I think it's time for you gentlemen to leave."

"Just remember that the final option is up to you." Said a male with a Japanese accent being audible. With that being said all four of the men left the Commander office but before the door completely closed behind them the Commander said some final words.

"I would hate to see you boys end up in a body bag just like all those other Commander's, and doctor's who've been assigned to E.F.K Project. As he sort of still holds a grudge towards Azur Lane more specifically towards the old administration judging by his files. " She told the four counselors, sending a chill down their spines as they realized what he was capable of before the door fully closed and judging by her words she didn't like them in the slightest.