Chapter 20: Banshee and Tentacles

September 18, 2023
15:10 (3:10 PM)
30 Km away from Point Charli
Pacific Ocean

Inside the Captain's quarters aboard BMCY Ukrayina. Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) washed all of the blood, flesh, char and whatever else caked his body as his hands pressed against the shower wall as he watched it all go down the drain. With that he changed back into a fresh combat uniform minus his jacket but wore a white T-shirt as he sat down at his desk with Dusk laying by his feet while setting down medical supplies along with a laptop. With Curacoa entering with a tray of tea and helping tend to his wounds.

"I can do it myself." He informed her as she worked away at his injuries.

"It's my duty to assist you in whatever way I can." Replied Curacoa as she cleaned the wound on his upper left arm and started stitching it. Along with tending to the cut on his cheek. With that she handed a cup of tea to the Colonel. "Here you look like you could use something."

"I'm always tired." Said the Colonel as took a sip of tea while signing into his laptop. "Could you bring over Lilly (Omitter)?"

"Certainly sir." She answered while bowing to him and then leaving the room.

With that he started to work on a BDA (Battle Damage Assignment) report while waiting for his meeting with the faction Commanders and base Commander to start.

"You called." Said Lilly (Omitter) as she entered the room along with Curacoa.

"Ya just have a seat and explain to the higher ups why I chose to exterminate Tester rather than take her prisoner or try to convince her to join our fight. As they will probably take it better if another siren were to explain it to them."  Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) instructed as he joined the meeting. As she took a set next to him, nodding her head as she happily drank her can of coke.

"What's the currency, sitrep Colonel?" Inquired Cdr. Crystal.

"Found Tester as well as her fleet and dealt with them accordingly. Since the subject refused to cooperate with us she was eliminated. As for the fleet, we are all alive though some may be shaken up as to how I operate." He informed them while taking a sip of his tea once finished.

"Is there a reason as to why you had to eliminate her?" Questioned Adm. Kat.

"This is not the first time we have met so she knew the proposition at hand and decided to go out with a bang like all the other times we have met. Besides, it was not actually her as I killed the real her long ago." Answered the Colonel in a calm manner as he drank his cup of tea. "Though what I did do is create a small window in eliminating a high value threat." He added before speaking in a cold tone. "Also it's my job to kill the enemy is it not?"

"Yes, that is your job." Answered Adm. Kat in a defeated tone.

"If you killed her, how is she back?!" Inquired Cdr. Fisher, pushing for more information.

"Dam yikhni nerozumni, yak kury bez holovy (Dam their clueless as chickens without heads)." He told himself while lighting a cigarette. "Lilly (Omitter) can you explain to them what sirens are capable of?" Asked, Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) as he finished the last of tea with Curacao refilling his tea cup and slightly open the door as he let a grey cloud escape his mouth.

"When a high ranking siren dies a clone is created in order to keep order and control. With some sirens having more than one body for testing purposes. Though just because they can be reincarnated doesn't mean they're the same as they are weaker than the original host but to the common ship girl or human it's still the same siren. The same could be said for the more common type of humanoid sirens as they are essentially copies of one another." She informed the Commanders as she opened a new can of coke and went on to enjoy it.