Chapter 22: The Final Battle or Is It?

OCT 2, 2023
07:20
Atlantic Ocean
FS Clemenceau, Captain's Room

Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) was peacefully sleeping until he was a woken due to having an uncomfortable amount of weight resting on top of him. Said weight turned out to be Lilly (Omitter), Isabella (Compiler), Emma (Observer Zero) and Dusk laying on top of him. "*Sigh* YA ne pidpysuvavsya, shchob buty starshym bratom abo batʹkom dlya ditey bez batʹkiv. Khocha Cdr. Kristal maye buty shchaslyva, shcho maye vlasnu simʺyu. (*Sigh* I didn't sign up to be the older sibling or father figure for children without parents. Though Cdr. Crystal should be happy about having a family of her own)." He mumbled under his breath while managing to escape from their grasp. Freedom now achieved he did his morning routine before getting dressed in his combat uniform with full equipment overtop and headed for the carrier deck to enjoy a cig while the morning air flew by. After a few minutes he was joined by the Ukrainian destroyer giving her ever so helpful medical advice. 

"You those things can kill you." Said Synevir or her nickname Kut with that being Angle in English. As she joined him and inspected his facial wounds. More specifically the gash he received during the hunt for Purifier which seemed to be healing nicely. "Does it still hurt?"

"A little but I'll manage." He reassured the medic as a cloud of grey smoke escaped his mouth.

"Just come in one piece, it's the least you can do for your girl." She added while enjoying the morning air and view.

"I know." The Colonel simply replied. "Though more injuries might be coming as this battle plan seems to revolve around me. Lets just hope I don't lose any more limbs than I already lost." He added while checking his watch inhaling and exhaling another cloud of cigarette smoke before throwing it over the edge into the water below. "The others should be waking up soon and breakfast ain't going to make itself."

Inside the ship's kitchen helping make breakfast was Curacoa, Synevir, Carpathian and teaching his older sister or daughter Rossiya how to cook Ukrainian food. Laid out in the serving trays were nalisniki, syrniki, Ukrainian breakfast hash, scramble eggs, normal pancakes, breakfast sausages, bacon along with various pastries and fresh fruit. 

"Didn't you say you weren't ready to be a father and yet here you are teaching your daughter how to cook different cuisines." The Russian battleship pointed out as she set a tray down into the serving table.   

"You said without me you would cease to exist. You can't always run away from the past, sometimes there's only one direction and that is forward." He bluntly answered.

"I see." She replied with a slight smile.

As the last tray was set, half of the fleet now occupied the canteen well the other half remained on watch.

At the Colonel's table was his sister SMS Kaiser or Six, Curacoa, Carpathian, Georgia, Rossiya, Jean Bart, Weser and the child aged siren defectors. Sitting at Synevir we're here friends Arizon, Pennsylvania, Northampton, Chicago and Houston. Who seemed to be getting along fine with the timid destroyer as Pennsylvania seemed to give off a big sister vibe. Which was the same vibe when they first met in the cafeteria back at Azur Lane.

"A little early for alcohol don't you think Colonel?" Inquired Jean Bart upon seeing him add vodka into his coffee mug.

"Maybe but hey, live a little." Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) downplayed the action while passing the bottle to the Ukrainian, Sverdlov-class cruiser who in turn passed the bottle Russian battleship. Though she decided to mess with the Russian ship girl by pretending to give her the bottle before taking it back and adding even more vodka into the coffee as a slight smile appeared.