Chapter 19: Tester

September 14, 2023
10:40 (10:40 AM)
10 Km away from Point Bravo
Pacific Ocean

Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) stood at the bow SN Kiev as the ship ride the waves with six Yak-38Ms flying over the fleet escorting five Vulcans and twenty Tu-22M3 bombers with two F-8E (FN) immediately flying after them as soon as they where lunched, with two more Crusaders on the catapults of FS Clemenceau and another pair lining up behind them. 

The current fleet which comprised the eternity of the Trident Naval Force, USS Georgia, SMS Kaiser Whilem II, KMS Weser, the starter squad, Lilly (Omitter) and various other kansens that he met in the past. He didn't want the company as his subordinates, sister and him were more than enough but Cdr. Crystal instructed him at the last minute to take on some extra weight. The reason behind this move was to get him to be more open with working with others. Which was already a stretch with having to be a faction leader with actual subordinates on top of being the Second in Command for Azur Lane.   

As he stood there fully dawning his combat digital fatigues, with barbed wire wrapped around his body from the neck down to his left leg, his AKS-74U slung around his torso and cigarette in his mouth as he took in the scenery. Until it was broken.

"You know smoking is bad for you brother." Said Kirov as she joined her brother on the flight deck.

"It keeps me sane." The Colonel calmly replied as he let out a grey cloud of smoke before turning to face his half sister as Lilly (Omitter), Z23, Javelin, Laffey and Unicorn played in the background with Dusk and U-chan playing with each other.

"Do you think we'll find anything?" Question his sister.

"Don't know only time will tell." Answered Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) as he spoke into his headset "All personal clear the flight deck for incoming aircraft." He spoke in the receiver with his voice coming through the ship's loudspeakers. With that he tossed his cigarette into the ocean and walked off to the ship's kitchen to start lunch while everyone made room for the Yak-38Ms that were now landing and being replaced by the F-8 E (FN) Crusaders.

While in the ship's kitchen Carpathian and Curacoa helped the Colonel with the cooking. The soldier wore her combat fatigues with a dark blue apron over top and the maid wore her usual outfit but as well as had a dark blue apron over top as to not dirty her clothing. As for the Colonel he wore his fatigues but without his cap, black tactical gloves, plate carrier, half balaclava, multicam backpack and carbine as they rested on top a table in the canteen as well as opting to not wear an apron.

As they made today's lunch which was nothing but various Ukrainian foods that comprised of borscht (beet soup), chicken kyiv, piroshki (stuffed buns) filled with ground meat, varenyky (pierogies) stuffed with potatoes, cottage cheese with fried onions and bacon bits on top, holubtsi (stuffed cabbage roll) that had a filling of ground beef, rice and onions, deruni (potato pancake), salo on rye bread and garlic pampushki as the last dish. For sweets they made piroshki (stuffed buns).

 For sweets they made piroshki (stuffed buns)