Doyle Knows

Kenneth fitted the Avalon into an open space on the parking lot. He took a look at Dimitri as he turned off the ignition. The boy hadn't said a word through the whole ride. He kept his arms folded and stared through the windscreen. Although the facemask concealed the bulk of the boy's face, Kenneth could tell there was a stern expression beneath. 

The detective wondered what filled the teenager's mind, heck with Nina missing he wasn't in the best position to be handling a teenage boy in this situation. Handing him over to the police wouldn't be a good idea either. Diane's talk about the police being compromised was not exactly helping the situation. Kenneth unlocked his seatbelt; he took a few seconds off to gaze through the windscreen alongside Dimitri. "What now?" Dimitri asked still staring.

"I'm gonna hand the information we received to Henry Doyle. I can see you're busy with the windscreen, but I won't advise you to stay in the car."

"I'll wait in the lobby."

"Look kid, I know things are kinda messy right now but if it makes you feel any better I'm still interested in helping you catch your guy."

"Good" Dimitri unlocked his seatbelt and got out of the car.

"Dammit" Kenneth sighed as he followed suit. The DPD building was still well lit. Officers were probably working overtime to get things under control again. He placed his held onto the gun in its holster just in case there were more surprises like Priss and Andrew lurking around.

 He scanned through the area before entering the building after Dimitri. Dimitri dropped onto a random chair in the waiting area. "Be back in a few," Kenneth said to Dimitri before making his way to Doyle's office.

The detective knocked on the wooden door. "Come in" Doyle responded from the inside. Kenneth walked in to meet the man scribbling something on paper. "I've got big news for y..." Kenneth paused as he felt a gun's muzzle settle on his back. Whoever ambushed him shut the door at the same time. The gun felt bigger than usual. Probably a shotgun, this was no joke. Maybe Diane would show up with the calvary yet again. "It's over Nymond," Doyle stood up and pulled a Glock on the detective.

"Really? Because from the info I have, it's just beginning."

"Put your hands where I can see them."

"What's all this about chief?"

"You tell me because if you thought you could come here, wreak havoc and get away with it then you better think again" Boyle warned "I'll serve you justice fir dinner you criminal."

"First of all, that line was ass." Kenneth lifted his hands "It's obvious there's been some sort of misunderstanding here."

"My desperation didn't let me pin your ass earlier but it's time this madness ended. I know about your team of criminals and your ally Lady No Good. So tell me why you murdered Jeffery Priss. He was unto you wasn't he?"

"The only thing Priss was unto was his untimely death, I had nothing to do with that."