LEADS

Present Day..
3 am
DAUNTHILL SUITE

22ND DECEMBER 2020

Daunthill suite. The biggest and inarguably the best hotel in Daunthill. The hotel stood tall with thousands of rooms. Its golden lights beamed forward to the streets beyond. The clamour of spattering water from the prestigious horse fountain filled the surrounding. It was the only thing one could hear at this time. Much less visitors came around this year. People weren't easy on the idea of touring Europe after the pandemic.

The bellman at the Porte-Cochere had taken a seat and dozed off. The roar from the engine of a fast approaching Range Rover awakened him. Blinking profusely in disorientation, he sat up quickly and adjusted his cap. The black vehicle came to a stop and three male passengers emerged.

"Welcome" said the bellman to one of the men who had a bandana over most of his face.

The bandana dude stepped forward and waved a police badge at the bellman's face. The bellman stepped aside. With synchronized footsteps the trio walked into the reception. The receptionist seemed engrossed in a conversation over her phone. Just as she was falling into a chuckling spree, she spotted the men. Instantly she arose and stood to her five-foot-eight.

"Hello," she said adjusting her uniform. Her smiles were from ear to ear.

"I need the key to room 45," requested the bandana guy.

"Room 45 is booked sir, but we have..."

"The Boss said he needs the keys," one of the men growled.

"Stand down, let me handle this." The boss presented his badge. "DPD"

The receptionist stared hard at the badge for some seconds. A formal visit from the police, was quite the suprise. Nevertheless, this week had proven to be a peculiar one for the district. But why would these men want the keys to room 45? What's with the strict choice? And what sort of cop went by the name Boss? The skinny brunette heaved and tried to steal a glimpse at the doorway.

"Sorry, here you go," she apologized as she passed the card across the counter to the boss.

The boss received the card. He rubbed his gloved fingers through it, superficially studying the inscriptions.

"Thanks".

The receptionist watched the boss lead the other two to the elevator. Just before they entered the lift, she descried a firearm holstered to the belt of one of them. She cringed.

The men marched out of the lift. The third floor seemed scanty as usual. There was just the tall golden jar sitting on the floor by the tinted glass wall. A drenched man stood with a white towel around his waist while a pair of swimming goggles dangled about his neck. He eyed them just before unlocking his room door and blending into the woodwork.

The trio approached the last room along the hallway.

"Get your babies out," ordered the boss in a hushed voice. "This dude is full of surprises."

The other two waited behind him as he placed the card on the sensor. The door handle made a soft click. While the bandana guy inspected left and right before barging in, his colleague harmoniously took deep breath. * Blank. The bedroom was stunning. Lamps of diverse designs lit up every corner. The bed had been tucked with creaseless white sheets and a red duvet. The air conditioner breathed its cold airs like never before.