Asian Ally

Kenneth pulled over at the sidewalk of Ryan's house. He spotted Diane peeping at his vehicle through a window. The lady disappeared behind the curtains once she saw him. Kenneth put out the ignition and opened the door. He pulled his phone from the dock and grabbed a handgun he'd left in his cupholder.

The man stepped out of the vehicle and stalked to the door. He gripped his gun with confidence as he pulled the door handle down. He knew the occupants of the house would be expecting him. The door opened silently, Kenneth walked in, gun first, and shut the door. Diane stood at what you would say was the centre of the living room. She gripped unto her son's hand as she stared at the gun in Kenneth's hand.

Kenneth looked at the television screen. The news station was actively broadcasting the successful arrest of armed men. "Imagine how many lives we've saved," Diane said.

"Shut up!" Kenneth barked "You don't even look like you feel a thing."

"That's accurate," she nodded "I haven't felt much, emotionally, since Vazie had his way with me."

"I can see through your confidence act" Kenneth moved the gun closer to her face "I know you're ready to die yet."

"I agree"

"I was expecting a fight."

"Well, that is not something I'm willing to do at the moment."

Kenneth tilted his head slightly, he watched Ryan through the lenses of his shades. The Asian male, wearing a long sleeve shirt and a pair of black shorts, crept into the room silently with a shotgun ready to fire. Ryan walked sideways with his back slightly arched. He stopped moving at a spot where he had the perfect aim on Kenneth. "Your brother in arms seems to have a different view" the detective made a half-smile.

"He's not trying to protect me this time," Diane explained

Kenneth nodded softly and placed the muzzle of his gun on Diane's forehead.

"I can start blabbing about how his death wasn't my fault but that changes nothing." She said.

"I'm glad to see that you've taken responsibility." Said Kenneth "That just makes this easier."

"I should've handled the plan more effectively"

"You should've what?!"

Kenneth pushed her head with the gun. He clenched his teeth and scanned her inscrutable face as her head bent backward. Then he looked down into Brian's eyes. The child gazed at him without uttering a word. "Good play" Kenneth retreated "kinda hard to kill a mom when her child is standing next to her."

"Aren't your hands hurting already" the detective turned to Ryan"I was gonna come for you first but unfortunately, this... lady here had my best friend sent to the morgue?"

"Sorry about that" Ryanapologised

"No" Kenneth shook his head "We're on a different topic now."

Kenneth looked down at Ryan's right leg. Fresh gauze spiralled all the way up from his ankle area to his knee brace. "You don't look so good," said Kenneth "One of your father's friends come at you?"

"It's complicated," Ryan turned his eyes to Diane. Kenneth darted at him and pushed the shotgun's muzzle away. Ryan fired as a reflex reaction, shattering the Tv in the process. Kenneth pulled the shotgun out of Ryan's hands but the fitness trainer had his sleeves full of tricks. He jabbed Kenneth in the neck with two quick punches causing the detective to stagger. Ryan kicked the shotgun off Kenneth with his left leg but the pain from standing on his right caused him to lose balance.

Kenneth used the opening to throw a direct punch at Ryan's face. The detective followed up by kicking him on the hin of his right leg and then in the torso. A defeated Ryanlanded on the floor. Kenneth grabbed the shotgun which had landed on the couch and aimed it at his opponent. "I'm not here to kill you" Kenneth breathed "I'd like to know more about you first."