Fecthing Dimitri

11:00 PM

The Nymond investigates team

Daunthill

Kenneth stared at a bizarre painting hanging on the wall. A rainbow-colored crown with rainbow-colored bubbles ascending from the tips of the crown. Kenneth pondered on this future as a detective. His incompetency on this mission eluded him. His ability to function effectively seemed to dampen anytime he came close to pinning Takiboshi. In just one week he'd lost a highly valuable witness, been outsmarted by a random lady, and lost contact with Nina. Things always seemed to fall apart once Takiboshi was involved. The detective tightened his grip on the Ruger AR556 in his hands. The small size bulletproof vest only vexed him more. He wondered if Dimitri and Nina were still alive. Neither of them would go without a fight. Their abductors must've been overwhelmed by their willpower. "Hey man," Jacob walked obscured Kenneth's view of the painting "you okay?"

"You have a dirty habit of asking that question at the worst of times Jay."

"Apologies, but we found Dimitri." Jacob grabbed the shoulder lines of his bulletproof vest

"What, where?!"

"Parkfield, Felicia Dilli's place to be precise."

"Why the hell would he be there?"

"I don't know but the twins tracked his phone to the location."

"Takei, Tashiro!" Kenneth called out.

The Asian twins walked into the scene. Takei held a MacBook in his hand, the wireless earphone in his right ear extended to a mic. Tashiro moved in behind her brother, her eyes were glued to a small jotter on her hand as she scribbled something. She bumped into Takei who gripped hard on his laptop to prevent it from falling. "That was close" Takei smiled at Tashiro.

"My bad "she commented

"Uh... detective, you called?"

"Yeah, Jacob here has been quite shady lately, so I wanted to confirm from you two"

"Okay," the twins chorused.

"He says you've found Dimitri is that correct?"

"Well, technically we haven't found him" Takei corrected "We just have the location of his cell phone and that should be a good lead."

"What if the people who took him are leading us into a trap?"

"Sorry to break it to you but we did some digging and Dimitri wasn't taken?"

Kenneth adjusted himself on his seat. He turned to Jacob who stood there watching with a frown on his face. "What do you mean he wasn't taken?" Kenneth turned to Takei

"It appears he left the on his own. Judging from what we saw on the security cameras." Tashiro cut in. "He made a phone call just before leaving."

"Now why the hell would he do that?"

"That one we cannot answer"

"I'm going to Parkfield" Kenneth stood from his seat.

"No" Jacob protested

"Excuse me?"

Jacob sighed and took his hands to the shoulder lines of his vest. He turned back to make a few head movements, signalling Takei and Tashiro to leave. "I wasn't sure how to tell you this but yet but the situation has formed my hand."

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time you've deprived me of crucial information."

"Chill out Ken" Jacob rubbed his palms "I got a lead on Nina"