15 - Boyfriends

Apparently, the events at arrival were enough to shut Lila up.

I was happy. Genuinely happy. For the first time in years, it was quiet as we walked through the hallways with the class. And for the first time, the hallways weren't a war-zone. Not a single insult flew across the room.

The tour was nothing special. Just a guide droning on and on about how amazing this place was and how perfect it was even many years after its founding. I mean- I get it, lady. This place was older than you and I combined.

By 4.30, we were settled in the cafeteria, although the place was swarming with students. When she was asked why by Ms. Bustier, the guide told us that it was their snack-break. Gotham Academy runs till 6 pm on Fridays.

Why? Because Saturday was a holiday.

How amazing.

Admittedly, I hadn't seen Jon or Bart again. Me and the others sat at a separate table from the three tables Lila and the class had joint together to sit. The food was amazing, even though it was just evening snacks.

I didn't understand why Damian looked so hesitant to go to school.

Wasn't he late today?

Chatters filled the cafeteria as students laughed along with their friends, our laughter somehow merging into the background as Lila and the class stared at us in disgust. Glares were directed at our heads, which we easily ignored.

The cafeteria doors burst open.

A group of girls and boys alike swarmed in. I assumed it was a class whose break just started, but I was wrong. They instantly split, some in each direction, as they kept looking at the doors, excitedly whispering to each other.

The funny thing was, the other students who occupied the cafeteria were doing the same thing, or, they looked used to it. Hundreds of eyes stared at the doors, just waiting for it to open again.

"Is he coming?"

"I'm so excited! He ditched school yesterday, so I missed him."

"Where is he?"

"Chill, it takes time to walk here."

And now, I had only one question; Who is 'he'? But I'm guessing my questions would be answered soon, as everyone quietened down, including Lila. A few sets of footsteps echoed on the other side of the door, approaching fast.

The doors slammed open again.

And in came Damian Wayne.

My mouth fell open, just as hundreds of others did, staring at the insanely handsome brunette before me. The same brunette who took me on an emotional roller coaster just this morning. Apart from stealing my food.

Whispers spread through the room, as people hurried back to what they were doing, trying to pretend that the whole room didn't silence for a single person. Yeah, I am just as surprised as you are.

Damian Wayne strode in confidently, followed by Jon, who was hugging Damian's arm, as if to hold him back, and Bart, who was laughing at the scene. "Ain't that your boy-toy?" Chloe whispered to me aggressively.

"Oh, shut up." I whispered back. Although, Chloe wasn't the only one having something to remark about the brunette. Alix shot her head up, eyes widening at Damian. "Hey Lila, isn't that Damian Wayne? Your boyfriend?"

Only, she hadn't whispered it like Chloe had.

"Her boyfriend?"

"Ugh, who does she think she is?"