Getting the Job

"Darn it already!" snarled Kagami and punched a light pole.

It was now getting dark and Kagami had just finished another failed job interview.

"Why is it so hard!" he yelled.

A harsh wind blew by him swiftly making him snarl again and fix his hair until he felt something on his leg.

"Huh" he said and looked down.

There blown into his leg was a newspaper which he picked up.

The newpaper seemed to be folded so a spesific page was shown.

Kagami looked over the page, but what caught his eyes was a box in the corner of the page.

It was a job application for a place called Kuroko no Basuke.

"Kuroko no Basuke" smiled Kagami nostalgic. "I remember that place. It was where I got my passion for basketball"

"Help Wanted

Kuroko no Basuke

The children's basketball gym is looking for a night guard to work nightshifts, 12 am to 6 am.

Monitor cameras, ensure safety of equipment and animatronic characters.

N҉o҉t҉ ҉r҉e҉s҉p҉o҉n҉s҉i҉b҉l҉e҉ ҉f҉o҉r҉ ҉i҉n҉j҉u҉r҉y҉/҉d҉i҉s҉m҉e҉m҉b҉e҉r҉m҉e҉n҉t҉

120$ a week.
To apply call;

X-XXX-XXX"

Kagami squinted his eyes at the singel smudged line but shrugged it off as useless information.

"This is great!" he grinned. "It's better than nothing, and I get to work at a childhood location"

He rolled the paper into a roll and stuffed his hands into his pocket then headed home.

Around a dark corner not far from where Kagami just was stood a figure grinning to himself.

He gave out a dark chuckle and stepped back into the darkness.

*******************************

"Yatta!" cheered Kagami when he closed his phone. "I got the job!"

It was the next morning when Kagami decided to call for the job.

It slightly confused him as to why he was immidienlty applied without an interview, but it was covered up by joy and excitment.

"Then to start work at 12!" he said and looked at the clock.

"Crap!" he screamed and grabbed his bag. "I'm late for school!"

He hastly threw on his shoes, grabbed his jacket and ran out the apartment.

***********************************

"Bakagami, you're late!" yelled Riko when Kagami entered the gym after school classes were over.

"Sorry..." muttered Kagami and threw down his bag.

"You were late to school also this morning" said Kawahara as everyone came out of the changing room.

"Did you oversleep again?" asked Fukuda.

"No" said Kagami. "I was just lost in thought... I guess"

"Kagami, lost in thought?" said Koganei shocked.

"That's a first" nodded Furihata.

"Oi!" he snarled.

"And why exactly were you thinking so much about to get late?" asked Hyuuga.