The Research

After the night with the animatronic - Aomine, the whole team of Seirin had silently agreed to head to Kagami's place.

They had walked in silence, all in deep thought.

It wasn't until everyone sat down around the table they moved their mouth.

"So..." said Kagami starting it.

"Kagami, do you have a computer?" asked Riko immidiently.

"I got a laptop" nodded Kagami and headed off to his bedroom.

"Everyone" said Riko looking at all of them. "Start researching"

"Hai" nodded the others and got up their phones, those who had them.

Kagami came back with the laptop and Riko, Izuki and Kiyoshi sat down next to him.

"What do we have gathered?" asked Izuki.

"They say they have a friend to help" said Furihata.

"That probably being the Kuroko animatronic" nodded Koganei.

"Because Kuroko was shut off on the extra stage with the 'Out of Service' sign" said Fukuda.

"Midorima also said something about it having been to long" nodded Riko. "It must have happened a while ago"

"Aomine said that someone destroyed everything for them" said Hyuuga.

"And the times we mentioned things Tetsuya had quoted or taught us, they seemed to be down suddenly" remembered Kagami looking up. "They say it all reminds them of their own friend"

"I also remember when we were against that Murasakibara animatronic" said Kawahara looking up. "He seemed pissed being called a robot... Scared the crap out of us"

The other freshmen nodded and shivered recalling it.

"We believe that's everything?" asked Izuki.

Everyone nodded and Mitobe made some movements.

"Mitobe asks how long Kuroko was offline again" translated Koganei.

"All I remember it said was that it was some years ago" nodded Izuki to them.

"That was also when the boys disappeared right?" asked Kiyoshi.

"I think so" nodded Izuki.

"What the hell is going on with that place?" grumbled Kagami typing onto the laptop.

**********************************

The clock ticked from 6 am to 7.50 quickly for them as they all researched the place.

"Ah, the time!" yelled Riko seeing the clock. "We still have school!"

"Ah!" yelled everyone of them, jumping up. "We need to go!"

Everyone of them immidiently bolted out the apartment and to Seirin.

*************************************

Kagami walked alongside Furihata, Fukuda and Kawahara towards the gym.

"Thank god we got off lightly" sighed Fukuda.

"Can't believe we forgot the time so easily" said Furihata.

"We even forgot to get our schoolbags to school..." finished Kawahara.

"At least I was able to grab mine" said Kagami.

"Because we were at your place!" yelled the other three.

"Yeah, yeah" huffed Kagami.

They arrived to the gym and walked in.

"Oi!" called Kagami seeing the others.

All the upperclassmen seemed down, but shook it off when the freshmen came in.

"Hey" nodded Riko to them.

"Why so down?" asked Furihata.

"Was it because you didn't have your books also?" asked Kawahara.

"Yeah..." groaned the upperclassmen.

"Did you get in trouble?" asked Fukuda.

"We were given a warning and the teacher now expect an essay from us..." groaned Izuki holding a hand to his face.

"Geez" said Kagami. "What teacher does that?"

"Apparently him" groaned Koganei.

"Forget about that for now" said Hyuuga. "About ealier when researching"

"Yeah" nodded Kiyoshi. "Did anyone find something?"

"Just the same as before" said Koganei shaking his head.

Mitobe shook his head along with the freshmen trio.

"Kagami?" asked Riko.

"No" he said shaking his head.

"I was actually able to find something" said Izuki getting all the attention.

"What when?" asked Koganei.

"Didn't you look with me on the laptop?" asked Kagami raising an eyebrow.

"I looked in class" admitted Izuki.

"And you didn't get caught?!" yelled the freshmen trio.

"I got sharp eyes!" beamed Izuki giving a peace sign until he got hit on the head.

"Idiot" said Hyuuga. "You could've made things much worse for us if you got caught"

"Ow..." whinned Izuki rubbing his head. "But I didn't"

"So what did you find, Izuki?" asked Kiyoshi.

"Not too much, but it could be related" nodded Izuki. "Around 3 years ago there was a golden basketball on display at the gym"

"Golden basketball?" said the other confused.

"Yeah" nodded Izuki. "It was worth millions of yen, but it suddenly disappeared one day. And I think it was the same day with the disappearance incident"

"Geez" said Hyuuga rubbing his neck. "How come the place isn't down yet?"

"Because everyone outside supports the place" smiled Kiyoshi. "The place is famous and well liked afterall"

Mitobe nodded and Koganei sighed.

"But we didn't get much from it" he said.

"I don't see how that is connected to it except the time" said Kawahara.

"Could the boys have stolen the basketball?" asked Fukuda.

"It is a possibility..." said Riko thinking.

"But how weren't they caught?" asked Furihata. "It was on display, so many other would have been there also!"

"True..." nodded Izuki.

"No reason to dwell on something we can't find more about" huffed Kagami. "We will just have to find answers tonight"

"Yeah..." nodded the others to him.

"The last one is tonight" said Furihata slowly.

"Akashi, their captain, right?" asked Koganei.

"Yeah" nodded Izuki.

"They said he was the most dangerous one..." said Fukuda shivering.

"Oh god..." muttered Kawahara in fear.

"Don't worry!" grinned Kiyoshi. "We can do it!"

"What is wrong with you idiot!" snarled Hyuuga at him in which Kiyoshi just nervously laughed.

Mitobe did some nervous movements and Koganei shivered reading him.

"Yeah..." said Koganei turning to the others. "What did they all exactly mean that if we lose, we were done and dealt with?"

"Kise said it also at the first night" huffed Kagami. "That if I lost I was done. 'Like in done, done'"

"It doesn't sound good at all" admitted Riko and looked sternly at them. "Everyone better get ready! Tonight's the night!"

"Hai!" they all nodded loudly.