five

i'm about to start my new semester next week and i'm so nervous about going in person again🥲

it's freezing and all i want is some hot chocolate and a warm blanket😭

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing, anger outbursts
word count: 3714

Rossi: "Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget; it was a hard line to walk." Stephanie Meyer.

"So, what did you need to talk to me about?" Will asked and smiled nervously at JJ. He was here on his bi-weekly Washington DC visit to see JJ. It had been six weeks since the two of them started dating. Needless to say, after being broken up with already once before, Will was a little nervous.

"I'm pregnant," JJ said softly. Will's jaw dropped and his eyes widened. The man was frozen in place as he looked at JJ, who was laughing at his reaction.

"Are you serious?" Will asked and started to laugh with joy. The man got up from his seat and slid into the booth next to JJ. Will leaned over and kissed JJ passionately. The blonde woman smiled widely against his lips.

"I found out yesterday. I just wanted to wait until you were here in person with me," JJ said and chuckled as her eyes filled with tears of joy. Will happily wrapped his arm around JJ and pressed his nose right against her forehead. "What's going on? I thought you'd be running up and down sixteenth street."

"I'm happy, JJ. I just—I'm a bit hesitant. Are you sure that you want to do this?" Will asked and locked eyes with JJ. The blonde woman furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at him. "I don't want to be left behind by you again, Jennifer."

JJ sighed softly as she ran her hand up and down his chest. Both of them sat in an uncomfortable silence as JJ collected her thoughts. She reached over and grabbed onto his hand.

"I love you. I'm all in with you, this baby, and whatever else comes our way," JJ said and smiled softly. "I'm sorry about what happened in the past with that brief breakup, but I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."

"Can we have a word?" Will asked and ran his thumb over JJ's hand. The blonde woman furrowed her eyebrows.

"A word?" JJ asked and had a look of confusion on her face. Will smiled and nodded his head.

"If it gets too much and you want to reevaluate everything. If you're not sure you want to continue this," Will said and swallowed hard at even the thought of JJ leaving. "What about mint chip?"

"No, you're going to get it confused with my ice cream order," JJ said and chuckled. "How about—"

"Gray," Will said and looked over at JJ. "It's the color of my jacket and your boots."

"Gray. I like it," JJ said and smiled softly. Will leaned over and kissed JJ sweetly on the cheek. "Now how about some mint chip?"

Ring. Ring. Ring.

JJ groaned at the sound of her cellphone ringing. She sat up and reached over to grab it when she realized it wasn't her phone.

8:19 am.

JJ dismissed the time until she realized it was Monday and she had to get up for work. The blonde woman shot up out of bed and grabbed a random set of clothes in her closet. JJ grabbed onto her shoes and ran out of her bedroom door.

Will just so happened to be walking in at that exact moment. Both of their bodies collided before dropping to the floor in pain.

"JJ, what the hell are you doing?" Will asked as he sat up with a grunt. He'd be in a world of soreness tomorrow.