eighteen

helloooo. i hope everyone is having a great friday. i'm exhausted and i will be sleeping for the entire weekend. but your friendly neighborhood salem isn't done just yet, my second summer semester is starting on tuesday so yay me ig🥲

anyways, not proofread because i've been busy so yeah🫠

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing
word count: 3737

JJ: "If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself." George Orwell.

Will woke up and ran a hand down his face. The brunette man sat up, stretching out his arms and legs with a soft sigh. He glanced over and saw JJ peacefully asleep. The two of them were finally back to sharing a bed for the first time in a few weeks. He admired her for a second, she looked perfect with her arms wrapped around the pillow beneath her. Will leaned over and kissed her shoulder softly.

He got up and immediately went downstairs. Will made sure to put the exact amount of creamer he liked in his travel mug. The brunette man quickly, and quietly, moved throughout the house as he got ready for work. It wasn't long until he was showered, dressed, and out the door with his coffee in hand.

Will felt like he was living on auto-pilot mode for the past few weeks. He felt like he was going crazy about JJ and Emily potentially having an affair. It didn't seem right. Emily had been a good friend to JJ for years before he met JJ. Emily was Michael's godmother for crying out loud. But she was over whenever JJ seemed to have a bad day, and it seemed like she knew JJ better than Will did.

The detective finally arrived at the police station. He smiled at each passing person that walked by. Will headed straight to his desk with his head swarming with different ideas. He set down his coffee before logging into his computer. He glanced around to see all his coworkers gathered by the coffee pot. He clenched his jaw as he looked down at the photo on his desk.

"Everyone gather for it! I didn't pay him for all of us not to be in it!" Rossi shouted as the entire crowd gathered in front of the cameraman. Will smiled widely as JJ wrapped her arms around his waist. "Cheers to the happily married couple!"

"Cheers!" everyone shouted and raised their champagne glasses. JJ and Will smiled widely as the held each other close. There was a bright flash as the picture was taken.

"I love you," Will said softly and kissed the side of JJ's head. The blonde woman placed her hand on his chest as she leaned forward.

"And I love you," JJ said and brushed her nose against his.

Will clenched his jaw as he forced himself to look away from the picture. He sighed heavily as he immediately logged into the database. He typed in Emily's name, hoping for anything to pop up. He sat back in his seat and ran his hand down his mouth. The small circle going around and around made him more anxious every passing second.

Nothing.

Will sat up in his seat before typing away on a new browser search. He typed in Emily's name once again and saw countless news interview clips, other people with her same name, and the FBI's official page of her. Every article talked about Emily like she was a goddess here to save us all. It drove him crazy that he wasn't finding a lead to anything that can either ease his mind or catch them. He went back and forth between all the search engines. It was almost like Emily didn't exist on the internet. The only proof she was alive was by seeing her in person each time she went over.

Will ran his hands threw his hair as he leaned his elbows on the desk. Trying to find any dirt on Emily wasn't possible. She was a well known member of the FBI, Interpol, and other intelligent agencies. You don't get up there by being an overtly nice person. There was only one way that Will could figure out if anything was going on.