ten

halfway mark with this book. don't you feel the danger around the corner🥰

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing, NSFW suggested
word count: 3616

Emily: "Memories fade away, but the feeling of love is immortal." Author Unknown.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Come in!" Emily yelled as she set down the stack of files at the edge of the desk. She was starting to get anxious with all the files and resorted to organizing them to the best of her abilities. However, the corner of her eyes caught the perfect blonde woman with a folder in front of her. "To what do I owe this surprise? I thought you were going home early?"

"I was," JJ said and tilted her head to the side. Her eyes shamelessly raked over Emily's side profile. She was a treat to stare at. JJ carefully shut the blinds of Emily's office without the raven-haired woman noticing. JJ snaked her arms around Emily's waist and rested her chin on Emily's shoulder. The blonde woman handed Emily the file in her hand.

"Hi," Emily said softly as she immediately opened the folder in her hand. "You love just giving me more work, don't you?"

"This is what I get for having a crush on my boss," JJ said and rolled her eyes. Emily looked back at JJ and smiled softly.

"You have a crush on me?" Emily asked and wiggled her eyebrows. JJ shook her head as a small smile took over her lips. Emily gasped dramatically as she turned around in JJ's arms. "I knew it."

"Shut up," JJ said and chuckled. The two leaned their forehead against the other's. Both of them wanted to kiss each other so badly, it nearly hurt. It still felt wrong to both of them that they were so happy under these circumstances. "You know what I want?"

"Mmm, what's that?" Emily asked as she shut her eyes. She was absorbing all of JJ's comfort for as long as she was able to. JJ moved her head so her mouth was right by Emily's ear.

"Some coffee and breakfast for dinner," JJ whispered. Emily couldn't help the smile that came across her face.

"Now that sounds delicious right now," Emily said and finally pulled away from JJ. The two locked eyes again before looking down at their lips. "I'd need a payment first."

"And what would that payment be?" JJ asked and tilted her head. Emily flicked her eyes down to JJ's lips again before looking back up at her crystal blue eyes. The blonde woman raised an eyebrow suggestively as she got closer to Emily. "I need you to say it."

"Come here and give me a kiss, damn it," Emily said and smiled loosely as she shook her head. JJ grabbed onto Emily's pants by the belt loops as she leaned in and kissed her. The two of them stumbled back into Emily's desk as they kissed sweetly. The raven-haired woman's arms wrapped around JJ as she was in pure bliss. The two of them finally pulled away to breathe, both having large smiles as they did.

"Come on," JJ said and gestured her head towards the door. Emily nodded her head before hurrying around her office and cleaning up quickly before grabbing her bag. JJ watched as Emily did her entire process of checking that she got everything before making her way out of the door.

"God, I haven't been here in a while. I hope Rachel is still there," Emily said and looked out the window as JJ drove. The raven-haired woman's eyes sparkled as she looked at all the passing places and people.

"I'm sure she is. She loved that place too much to leave it," JJ said and looked over at Emily briefly. The blonde woman gently grabbed onto Emily's hand as she drove. Both women were too shy in that moment to say anything.