thirteen

i would just like to say...two hands on the device at all times readers🤨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, smut, NSFW, 18+, public indecency
word count: 3766

Rossi: "For she had eyes and chose me." William Shakespeare.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Come in!" Roslyn yelled from the other side of her door. A young JJ walked in and smiled forcefully at her sister. "What's up JJ?"

"Mom and dad are fighting again. I don't want to hear them anymore," JJ said as she held her hands in front of her body. "Can I stay here with you? Your room is further away from theirs than mine."

"Of course," Roslyn said and patted the spot next to her. JJ smiled brightly before settling herself on her sister's bed. The young girl placed her head on her sister's shoulder. "I know fighting is scary. Doesn't matter who it's with."

"I know. I just can't sit in my room and listen to them. It makes me too sad. They won't ever understand that," JJ said softly. Roslyn looked down at her sister before pulling away.

"But you know who does?" Roslyn asked and held onto her sister's hand. "I do. I understand being so sad about them fighting. But there's some things that I do that help."

"Like what?" JJ asked and tilted her head to the side.

Roslyn stood up and made her way over to her desk. She grabbed a small journal with a brown leather cover.

"I like to write down everything I feel. It helps get my thoughts in order," Roslyn said and opened the journal. "Sometimes I burn the pages out in the back yard. It helps me realize that all these emotions don't have to have a hold on me."

"Do you burn all of them?" JJ asked and shuffled around to sit with her legs crossed.

"No, but I always make sure to write them down," Roslyn said and walked back over to her desk. She did a bit of searching before finally finding another journal. "Here. This one's empty. I just had mom buy it the other day."

"So I just write what I feel?" JJ asked and furrowed her eyebrows. Roslyn chuckled as she nodded her head. "And what if I don't know what to feel? What do I do then?"

"You bring yourself back to reality so you can feel. I like to play soccer and then go down to Old man Smith's for a milkshake. I come home and then I write it out," Roslyn said and shrugged her shoulders. "Everyone is different with how they cope, JJ. You're a strong girl, you'll always figure it out. I'll be here with you to help."

"Thank you," JJ said as she grabbed the coffee from the barista. The blonde woman was out of the house earlier than usual. There were two people that were currently occupying her mind. One was Roslyn, the other being Emily. JJ wished that she could get her sister's advice about Emily and their situation. To JJ, her sister always knew what to say.

It has been officially a week since the entire fight with Emily. The blonde woman tried several times to apologize to Emily, but it seemed like something always came up. JJ bought the entire team lunch, brought daily coffees, and finished her files early for Emily. Obviously, these gestures didn't go unnoticed by the raven-haired woman, but she just didn't know what to say.

JJ had made it to the office and sat at her desk. She pulled out a small journal with a leather covering. She flipped the pages that were filled with all her emotions. It wasn't the same book as Roslyn had gifted her when she was a young girl but it was close enough.