twelve

hello, hello everyone! i just listened to harry's house last night and oh my GOD A MASTERPIECE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT

catch me using each song for edits on tiktok. stay tuned for that🤗

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing, fighting, NSFW suggested
word count: 3635

Matt: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." Arthur Conan Doyle.

"Good morning," Emily said as she walked into the bullpen. Six of the seven agents responded with an equally happy hello to their boss. Emily noticed that JJ didn't even look her way when she walked in. "We have a case in Los Angeles. Give me a few minutes to speak with the local P.D. and I will see you all at the round table."

The entire team nodded their heads as they all got up and made their way towards the conference room. JJ was about to walk in when she was grabbed by her wrist and pulled back.

"Hey," Spencer whispered and smiled softly at JJ. "You okay? You've been a little quiet all morning."

"Yeah, sorry. It's just been a lot that's happening," JJ said and looked over her shoulder to see the team all distracted. The blonde woman also curiously looked over at Emily's office to see the woman on the phone. "Emily was with someone last night at the bar."

"What are you talking about?" Spencer asked and furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you sure you're not over analyzing this?"

"Do you seriously not remember who you're talking to? Do you remember what we do for a living?" JJ asked under her breath. "Penelope sent me a picture of Emily at the bar with a woman when she told me she was going home to sleep. It's kind of hard to not jump to that conclusion. It's just a weird situation throughout, but I just have a bad feeling about this."

"So you guys are--"

"I'm not even sure what to call it myself," JJ said and sighed softly. Her eyes fell down to the wedding ring that was still on her finger. It nearly felt like the ring was burning her skin. "I don't even know why I'm feeling like this. We aren't together officially. This entire situation is just a weird thing. I'm not even thinking straight, Jesus Christ."

"Why don't you just ask Emily? Maybe it wasn't how you're perceiving it was. Maybe it was just a stranger at a bar. Emily is a social person," Spencer said and shrugged his shoulders. JJ ran her hand down the side of her face as she tried to calm herself from lashing out or crying. Spencer glanced over at the raven-haired woman's office and saw her walk out. "Heads up."

"Walk. Walk away now," JJ said as she tried to shovel Spencer with her to move faster into the conference room.

"JJ," Emily called out. The blonde woman shut her eyes as she stopped in her tracks. Emily raised her eyebrows when JJ turned back with a confused, angry, and somewhat sad expression on her face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Peachy," JJ said, obviously not convincing Emily one bit and of course knowing that. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Spence, can you give us a little space?" Emily asked over at the man behind JJ. He flicked his eyes back and forth between JJ and Emily before nodding his head.

"Emily is this really—"

"Did something happen at home? You normally only get this upset after a fight with Will," Emily said and tilted her head to the side. She looked over JJ's shoulder and saw the team all occupied with themselves. "And just for the record, I would have told you that as your friend. Even before all of this."