fifteen

hello hello hellooooo. i hope everyone is having an amazing friday. my classes are currently driving me crazy. anything for a degree🥲

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: NSFW, fingering, cheating, sexual innuendos
word count: 3666

Spencer: "True love doesn't need proof. The eyes told what the heart felt." Toba Beta.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

"Look out, here comes trouble. And boy has it never looked better!" a voice shouted as JJ walked into the restaurant. The blonde woman laughed as she saw Rachel coming out of the kitchen. The older woman made her way to JJ with open arms. "Oh, Jenny. I've missed you!"

"Rachel," JJ said as she embraced the woman into a tight hug. "I've missed you too. Work and my boys have kept me busy."

"Well, luckily for you, I recognized the order and I pushed it out as soon as I could," Rachel said and place her hand on JJ's shoulder. The two of them made their way over towards the kitchen. "So, where's your other half?"

"Oh, Emily has been stressed because of work. I wanted to surprise her with some food," JJ said and smiled softly. Rachel gave JJ a knowing look. It was similar to when a mother knows a secret the child won't tell. "What?"

"I just find it funny that you talked about Emmy when I know about your husband," Rachel said and shrugged her shoulders. JJ's blood went cold as her jaw hung open slightly. "I was always rooting for the two of you to get back together. The love you two have can move mountains. I'm just glad you divorced him."

JJ pursed her lips as Rachel went into the kitchen. She probably should have asked the older woman which other half she meant. Maybe Rachel wouldn't intrude with any more questions. But maybe JJ wanted her to.

Rachel came back out and handed JJ the bag of food. The blonde woman set it down on the table before embracing Rachel in a tight hug once again. The older woman was taken back by this, but still hugged JJ back equally as tight.

"Rachel, I—I need your advice," JJ said softly as she shut her eyes. Maybe she'd regret this in ten minutes, but she desperately needed a voice of reason. The red headed woman pulled back and saw the sadness in JJ's eyes.

"What's going on?" Rachel asked as she held onto JJ by her biceps. JJ swallowed harshly as she looked around the restaurant. She was trying her hardest not to cry. "Don't do that. Don't debate with yourself about telling me. You know you can tell me anything and I will never judge you."

"I didn't divorce him," JJ said softly. Rachel furrowed her eyebrows as she locked eyes with JJ. "I have so much love for him, Rachel, I do. He's the father of my children, he stuck by me with my job, and never threw it in my face that I wasn't as present for the boys growing up as much. He's practically perfect."

"He's just not her," Rachel said with a look of sadness in her eyes. JJ shut her eyes as she nodded her head slightly. Rachel clicked her tongue as she moved JJ to sit on a counter stool. "Darling, let me tell you something. When you find something that sets your soul on fire, you are a damn fool not to take it. He may be the loving husband and father, but you are doing your boys, and him, a disservice if you're staying in an unhappy marriage. Nobody wants that. And sometimes, to be happy, we have to be selfish."

JJ swallowed harshly as she looked at Rachel again. The red headed woman sighed softly as she placed her hand on JJ's shoulder.

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is that Miss Jenny?" Mike asked as he carefully made his way out of the office. The blonde woman smiled widely as she saw the older man. She got up and walked up to him. JJ wrapped her arms around him without saying anything. He wrapped his free hand around her, gripping tightly onto her and the cane in his other hand. "How are you?"