Prologue: Lambo's Change

Author's Note: Hey! This is my story, I have it also posted it on both Quotev and Ao3 under the username Nerd101 and NerdAlert101 as well as fanfiction.net with same username as here. I tried using one of those two name here as well in hopes of not running into the problem of being accused of stealing the story so I'm just going to do it right here instead. This story is inspired by 'From Mafioso to Pirate' by BlueSkyBlueWaters, they are amazing, give them all the love they deserve. I don't own Hitman Reborn or One Piece. Those amazing stories belong to their rightful owners I only own this story of Lambo's journey as a pirate. This is my first time using wattpad, but I hope you enjoy.

~

He is not going to deny anything, Lambo was a brat the moment he met Tsuna. Almost every person he met, he gave them either bad or degrading nicknames, more like insults, or would call them his subordinates. Whenever he didn't get his way, he would throw a tantrum and then cause chaos and/or trouble for Tsuna and his friends. He had an ego the size of the moon, stating how he was the strongest and nothing can beat him, when in reality, the moment he gets hurt, even just a little bit, he pulls out the ten-year bazooka and jumps in, causing the him from ten years in the future to pop out.

Tsuna would tell him that there wasn't much of a difference except his ego, thankfully, has gotten smaller, just a little bit though, he was extra lazy, and he was a coward.

So, what hope did anyone have of Lambo ever changing? Everyone assumed that the Lambo from ten years in the future, who was fifteen years old, was a part of a concrete future. That nothing else could happen and change that logic.

But time is a funny thing. It's a bit like a giant spiderweb, each thread an event or another path. One small thing could lead to a bigger change than anyone could have ever predicted.

Then came the year he turned eight years old, near the beginning of the school year, I-Pin told him they couldn't be friends anymore because his personality and bad manners kept pushing people away and making everyone not want to be their friends. She felt lonely despite the duo's long friendship, it didn't feel like enough to her. So, she left him to make friends of her own, leaving him with no one.

Not even a couple of days later, Mukuro bluntly, and harshly, told Lambo to shut up while he was ranting about I-Pin, his classmates, and school.

"Why do you think people don't want to be with you? Keep leaving you?", Mukuro snaps at the young boy after finally having enough, "You're a annoying, selfish, stupid, cowardly crybaby. No one would want to hang around with some one that has at least two of those traits. You're the very definition of abominable. Face it, stupid cow, no would ever want to be with you, much less your friend."

The harsh words unsurprisingly got to Lambo, but surprisingly they hit them in a way Mukuro didn't mean for them to, hitting Lambo hard with the realization that I-Pin and Mukuro were right. He was such an awful person, such an awful brat to everyone, that everyone avoids him now, never wanting to be the ones to be with him or, more accurately in their minds, babysit him. Even Mama looked weary whenever dealing with him.

It was a brutal awakening, especially for an eight-year-old, but it was needed in order for Lambo to grow. Because of this, Lambo matured quickly. He stopped carrying all of his weapons around in his afro, got a haircut and a different style of clothes, though kept the cow theme, even though it was more subtle than before. He became more polite, he studied diligently, he was quiet now, never disturbed class, and finally wore his uniform properly, his teachers where so surprised, they called Nana to make sure she had given them the right Lambo, then the school called Tsuna to double check and make sure Nana wasn't confusing the boy with someone else instead..

For some reason, the two adults never thought much about it. Only thinking that Lambo was quieter since his break off with I-Pin was still pretty recent. They never thought much or looked into how school never called about Lambo getting into trouble during the years to come.