Chapter Twenty-Five: Fishman Pirate Arlong is the Worst! Reborn Closing In!

It's been a day since they left the sea restaurant the Baratie to find Nami and get her back.

Luffy was laying on the front of the ship, straw hat resting over his face while he napped, Yosaku and Sanji sat lazily on the main deck, the former looked sea sick, and Lambo laid drowsily on top of the cabin, laying on his belly, arms cross just right in front of his nose, blinking lazily as he resisted the urge to sleep. Bags were trying to make themself known under Lambo's eyes.

He didn't sleep well that night. For some reason, Vongola decided to sneak up on him while he slept.

Lambo shivered at even the thought of the nightmare. He doesn't remember what happened in the nightmare, just that it had to do something with his famiglia. But even though he couldn't remember, Lambo can still feel fear at the very thought of what the nightmare held. As if he still knew, but didn't want to, so he blocked it out.

It could be what's actually happening, could be just Lambo trying to distract himself.

Since the nightmare, Lambo's been too scared to go back to sleep. Even now, with the perfect day, the lazy water, the boat trying to rock him to sleep, and the seagulls flying up above tried to sing their own lullaby. But Lambo refused.

The only happy thing today, in Lambo's opinion, was the fact he got to take off the sling, despite the fact it did it's work well and his arm is no longer sore, it usually heals after a couple more days when Lambo does it, it does not change the fact that Lambo abhors the stupid thing with all his might.

Much to Luffy and Sanji's amusement.

Lambo lifted his head at the sound Luffy yawning loudly as he stretched. Sitting up happily after a good nap.

"This weather's perfect~!", Luffy declared.

The younger teen just grumbled grumpily. Another stupid thing that is making it harder for him to stay awake.

With a giggle, Luffy slid down his perched and leaped back on to the deck, running to the back of the boat, shading his eyes as he looks back with a grin.

His cheerfulness and energy are aggravating on Lambo's fraying nerves. The young guardian stuffing his head in his arms with a groan as he ignored his Captain.

"You should really get some more sleep you know.", Sanji's voice caught Lambo's attention, "I know you had nightmare, but if you want to be of any help, you should rest some more. It won't come back. Not on a nice day like this."

Lambo stare at Sanji for a moment before narrowing his eyes stubbornly with a pout. He rested his chin on his arms pointedly, looking away from Sanji.

"No."

God, he sounded like a petulant child. If it weren't for how tired he was, Lambo would've apologized or something.

It's really not helping his mood with Luffy literally bouncing all over the boat, wondering which way the Grand Line is.

"Would you sit down?", Sanji called out, annoyed by their captain's antics as much as Lambo is, "Geez you bug me."

Welcome to the club.

"Oh, sorry.", Luffy says unbothered by Sanji's tone, "I'm just excited we've finally got a cook on board. Now we just need Nami. Then nothing stands between us and the Grand Line!"

Lambo groaned at Luffy's optimism. Knowing their luck, many things will end up standing between them and the Grand Line.

"Nami~.", Sanji sighs weirdly, blushing brightly and... and... AND HOW THE HELL IS HE SMOKING HEARTS RIGHT NOW!?!?