Chapter Five: Lambo the Lightning Guardian! Lambo vs Cosmo the Bomber!

Everyone stared at Lambo's slouched figure in shock, eyes showing nothing of what he was thinking.

"Woah!!", Luffy shouts excitedly with a wide grin and big eyes, "How'd you do that!? Did you eat a Devil Fruit too!?"

Lambo raised a brow, "A Devil Fruit? No, only read about them once or twice when I was younger though. Thought they were only a myth until I met you and Buggy here."

"WHHAAATTT!?!?!?!?!", Buggy screeches, "YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE YOU CAN USE LIGHTNING WITHOUT THE USE OF A DEVIL FRUIT!?!?"

Lambo rubs his neck tiredly, "I've got nothing to prove to you, but if you don't believe me, I can go take a swim as long as you surrender quietly."

"Like hell I will!!"

The teenager shrugs uncaringly, "Welp, you'll never know for sure then."

"You insufferable brat!", the big nosed pirate growled out a tic mark appearing on his forehead.

"I've been called worst."

"AWESOME!!", Luffy pumps his fist in the air, "I'm so glad you joined my crew!"

Lambo turned to Luffy with a raised eyebrow.

"Eh? What are you talking about?", Lambo asked, still confused about that fact, "I never joined your crew, I was never a part of your crew."

"Then why're you here!?!?", Buggy screams angrily,

"My Boss sent me out on vacation. Said this town was quiet, no marines or pirates nearby.", Lambo's eyes rolled to the heavens, "I should probably tell him to update the info he has on the other islands. If he even listens to me that is."

Shaking his head, Lambo returned to the matter at hand, "Point is, when did I even 'join' your crew."

Lambo made quotation marks with his hands when he said the word join.

"Didn't you ask to join before we came here to fight?", Luffy asked innocently.

Lambo face-palmed, this guy.

"I was asking if I could tag along for the fight.", Lambo clarified, dragging his hand down his face in exasperation.

"Oh~.", Luffy nodded in understanding, "It's too late now. Especially, after that cool lightning thing that you just did, I've decided that you're going to join my crew!"

"I already have a job numbskull!", Lambo shouts with shark teeth, "I'm on vacation here remember!"

"Some vacation.", Luffy says, crossing his arms apprehensively.

"You're telling me.", Lambo sighs again, before his eyes widened, and he pulled Luffy to the ground, a big explosion blooming several feet behind them.

"That was close.", Luffy said looking back to the scorch mark created by the explosion.

"That was rude you know.", Lambo states, brushing himself off as he got to his feet approaching the area underneath the spider web of cables, "I was in the middle of a conversation."

"I will not be ignored by some lazy eyed brat!", Cosmo protested loudly, while stomping his foot childishly.

Lambo couldn't help but wonder how he did that son easily while balancing precariously on the cables like he is.

"You're not that much older than me you know.", Lambo comments listlessly, noting how the cables were metal.

Upon that observation, he grabbed hold of a cable above him, just barely within his reach. Green electricity surrounded his body with no filter and with a push forward, he messily thrusts the electricity through the cables.