Chapter Eight: Enter Captain Usopp and His Pirates!

"There is absolutely no way we will be able to reach the Grand Line in this condition.", Nami sates firmly, taking charge after sailing the rest of the day after leaving the town to rebuild from Buggy's tyranny the other day.

That was two days ago.

Luffy, Zoro, and Lambo all looked up from their respective positions, Lambo was leaning over the edge of the boat, letting his hand glide through the sea water as the two ships sailed side by side.

Luffy took the apple's remains that he just finished, staring at it thoughtfully.

"You're right.", Luffy agrees, "We're going to need a lot more meat."

And just as Lambo thought Luffy was thinking smartly about their voyage to the Grand Line.

"Eating fruit every day is for the birds.", Luffy complained.

"That's your fault.", Lambo commented dryly, "The moment we left port after saying good bye to the mayor you ate up all our meat in the next hour.

"We'll also need some booze.", Zoro added on unhelpfully.

He was rewarded with that comment with an apple hitting his chin, being thrown by none other than Nami herself.

"Shut up you bone heads!", Nami said angrily, "Ugh!"

Nami calmed herself down, tossing the apple in the air then catching.

"That's not what I mean.", she tried again, "The Grand Line is a dangerous place we'll need more than beer and meat to survive there. Not to mention the place is crawling with pirates that are also after the One Piece. And they all have ships that are way better than this."

"Like we should get more crew members.", Lambo added in helpfully, "At least a couple more people if we are leaving as soon as possible, I don't think four people are going to cut it. No matter how strong any of them are."

"Thank you Lam- Don't count me a part of the crew! I'm not going to become some lowly pirate!", Nami shouts with sharp teeth, threatening to throw an apple at Lambo as well.

"Lambo's right, we don't have a crew.", Luffy added.

Praise the Lord, Luffy is thinking ahead on what they need for their voyage to the Grand Line!!

"We don't have a crew, we don't have any equipment, we don't have a proper ship for crying out loud!", Nami exclaimed, "There is no way we will ever make it like this."

"Yep. We need a cook and maybe a musician so we can be entertained!", Luffy said cheerfully.

"A musician?", Zoro asked skeptically before he burst out laughing.

Lambo sweat dropped, "I think we may need a couple more Luffy."

"A little to the south here is an island with some settlements on it.", Nami informed as she looked over a map she held in her hands, "And it looks like we might be able to get our ship and the supplies we need there."

"Fresh meat at last!!", Luffy exclaimed.

"And some booze as well.", Zoro chimed in happily.

"I would actually like some sweets, maybe some candy like suckers.", Lambo pipes in scratching his cheek as he looks away embarrassingly.

"That's the spirit." Zoro teased the youngest crew member.

"Is that all you think about!", Nami shouts in frustration, "And Lambo, I thought you were more rational! Ugh! What am I going to do with you three!"