Aunt

request from @Katerina_Andrea aaaand my tags don't work again :/ but pretend that they found out abt palps earlier for this au

guys i just realized i didn't write down a lot of the requests i got. i have the ones in my messages saved but it's a bit difficult to find them again if you commented SO if you left a request in my comments i would really appreciate it if you could pm it to me or write it in reply to this paragraph! i'm so sorry!!

30 new fics on my ao3 for sicktember 😁

"Hey, can I talk to you about something?" Anakin asks, resting his arm against the refrigerator door, head tipped down so only his padawan beside him can hear his voice.

"Sure," she replies slowly with a suspicious smile to match his excited one. He raises his eyebrows twice to make her laugh before nodding his head toward the door that leads to the balcony across the room.

"Come on."

She follows him through the kitchen, past Padmé and Obi-Wan in the living room, and to the glass doors. They haven't had much time to themselves since she came back to the order a few days ago—Force knows they have a lot to catch up on, a lot that needs to heal from the past.

She watches Anakin throw a look over his shoulder to Padmé and Obi-Wan, who both have knowing smiles on their faces.

The air is crisp, slightly chilly on Coruscant at this time of year. Anakin's arm around her shoulder is tentative until she pulls it tighter, letting him know that this is okay.

"What's up?" she asks, staring out at the rows of speeders and ships flying by.

"I have something important to tell you," he begins with a long sigh, "something good," he adds, looking down at her.

She meets his eyes with a quick snap of her head.

"I think we could all use a bit of that right now," she says, addressing the elephant in the room—the fact that the Chancellor was the Sith lord that they had been looking for all along.

"Yeah," he agrees, chewing on his lip as he looks away from her, his gaze settling on the Jedi temple, its eerie silence in the Force unnatural. It will radiate only peace soon, he hopes.

"Well what is it?" she prompts.

His cheeks are tinted pink in the cold, lips chapped from his new nervous habit. His hair blows across his forehead in the breeze and his grip tightens, pulling her closer to keep her warm.

"Padmé," he begins, "is pregnant."

"Really?" Ahsoka exclaims, turning her head up to him instantly. "That's amazing! I knew that something was off about her when I came back, it was like she was Force sensitive but if it's your baby then of course it's got to—wait," she pauses, holding a hand up to his grinning face, "it is your baby, right?"

He laughs, nodding.

"Yes, it's my baby."

"Okay good. Anyways, I thought that Padmé might be Force sensitive but obviously any kid with the genes of the Chosen One is going to be a powerful Jedi and... wow, a baby," she says breathily. "This is so exciting, Anakin," she laughs, wrapping her arms around his neck, "I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you, Snips," he speaks softly. He's sounding less and less tired every day.

"You're going to be a great dad."

"I sure hope so. But if not, the kid's going to have an amazing aunt and lots of uncles to help out," he whispers, squeezing his arms comfortingly where they rest around her back.

"You were so good with me, I'm sure you'll be fantastic," Ahsoka reminds him.

"Oh," he laughs in surprise, "I'm not so sure I have a great track record," he teases.

"Hey, you were the only reason that I considered staying—it's everyone else that messed up," she explains. "I don't know how I would've survived with another master."

He sighs and rocks her side to side, leaning from foot to foot, clearing his throat before he speaks next, voice unsteady nonetheless.

"That means a lot."

"It's the truth."

He looks to the side, catching Padmé's glance through the transparent doors, her smile warm as she watches them sway from side to side. He frantically rubs at his eyes after pulling back, holding the door open for Ahsoka before they re-enter the room.

She rushes across the living room, sliding to her knees in from of Padmé and placing her hands on her lower stomach.

"It's so bright in the Force already!" she gasps. "Congratulations!"

Anakin feels his lip tremble as he watches everyone together, his throat tightening when he tries to swallow.

Everything is okay, he thinks. You did it... everyone is okay.

i have my first cross country meet tomorrow i am terrified lmao. i hope you all have a great night!! leave requests if you have any :)