Saved

request from @wolfgirl4545 (i'm having flashbacks with these fricken tags guys. my ipad that i have always written on was lost in the move so i've been writing on my phone, which, clearly, doesn't work, for the past three months and i'm DONE UGH)

"What do you want me to—"

"Don't leave," Anakin continued, breathing heavily. "And don't let me leave, I can't... I can't..."

"Hey," Ahsoka said, placing her hand on his upper arm, right where the metal turned to flesh, "I am not going anywhere. I won't leave you." Not this time.

"I-I know but..." he inhaled shakily, pressing a hand to his forehead, "but it's like there's someone else in there sometimes and I can't control what I do."

"Someone else like... like Palpatine?" she asked, hoping that Anakin couldn't sense the way that she was desperately trying to distract him from the whole situation.

"Maybe? I just—I-I don't know but you can't let me go help Master Windu. I don't know if I'll be able to do the right thing." The way he was hyperventilating sounded as if he was having a panic attack. "You have to help me, please," he clutched her shoulders, tears burning at his eyes. "Please, Ahsoka, I need you."

She held onto his elbows, remembering when they had stood like this in front of the council after she'd returned from being kidnapped by the trandoshans. She had wanted to hug him, more than anything, and he'd told her that he did too. He had never held her as tightly as he did once they were back in the privacy of their quarters—well, aside from when they were back on their ship after she was revived on Mortis. Obi-Wan and him had slept protectively on either side of her, both never letting go through the whole night. Confused as she'd been, she hadn't complained; it was nice.

They hadn't been allowed to hug after her kidnapping, but right now they were all alone. It was just the two of them in the silence of the council room.

Ahsoka leaned in first and he followed, less than a second after, quite literally melting against her, slumped forward and squeezing as if she was the only thing keeping him standing upright.

"I'm not going to let you go the Chancellor's office," she promised, swaying from side to side.

"But I need him."

"Hey," she said softly, "you just said that you needed me too."

Anakin let out a choked cry.

"He can help me save Padmé."

"And you need her too," Ahsoka agreed. "She loves you, and I love you. Palpatine only used you. That isn't love, Anakin—you can't trust him."

"I know," he nodded, "I know."

"So you're going to stay with me. And I'm going to stay with you. We're a team."

"But you left me."

Ahsoka stiffened. She wanted to call him selfish, tell him that he was only thinking of himself when the situation had affected her more. She knew, however, that he wasn't in a good headspace at the moment.

"I'm not ever going to do that again."

"Do you promise?"

"As long as you don't leave and go choose Palpatine over Padmé and me, I promise that I'll stay by your side forever."

Anakin sniffled and Ahsoka felt a tear fall onto her back from where he still towered over her.

"Snips?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you too."

ive seen a lot of tiktoks about which character duos people wouldn't want to play the marble game. im only a few episodes into squid game so i don't completely understand the concept but when i find out what this game is—and i will—i'm going to make anakin and ahsoka play it. this is a threat not a warning.