Care

i don't even know where to begin but i've missed you guys and writing so so so much these past few months and i'm so sorry for leaving with no warning (i had no idea i was taking a break, like it just *happened* i didn't mean to lol). i was so busy working almost every day of the week and getting through the rest of the school year (only failed one class 🤪) that i just couldn't keep up with this at all, but i'm out of school so hopefully this'll go back to normal? i'm not going to make any promises though 😅

"Don't do this again."

"Do what—protect you?"

"You didn't have to."

"They were going to—ow," Ahsoka hissed, rearing back as Anakin pressed a wet cloth to the cut on her lip.

"Damnit, Ahsoka," he muttered, waiting for her to lean back toward him before continuing to wipe the dried blood off of her chin. "Usually, once wounds are cleaned, they look less serious."

"Usually?" she asked, raising the markings above her eyes. "Is it really bad?"

Anakin dabbed at the wound again, narrowing his eyes in concentration, close enough that she could see the bags beneath them. It had to have been nearly three days since she'd seen him rest.

"Well," he looked away, dropping the cloth back into the small bowl of water beside him on the floor, the blood swirling through the liquid and changing its pigment slightly, "you don't need stitches."

"Well, that's good."

"But man, those fangs can do some damage."

She smirked a bit at that.

"Probably be better if they weren't damaging me," she joked while Anakin unfolded another cloth, a dry one, to use on her torn skin. She remembered all too well the feeling of her own teeth sinking into her bottom lip as the fist of a bounty hunter made contact with her jaw, punching upward.

"Yeah, probably."

He pressed the dry cloth to her cut, applying gentle pressure as the remaining blood seeped through the fabric. He moved to sit against the wall, right beside her, leaning his head back against the cool metal, letting his eyes close while he kept the cloth pressed to his padawan's face.

Ahsoka pushed his hand off of her. Anakin opened an eye.

"What is it?"

"I can do this myself. Go to sleep, Master."

"No, no, no," he groaned, straightening his back. "Let me take care of you."

She curled her hand around his, trying to pry his artificial fingers from the cloth. She was not successful.

"I hate your fake hand."

Anakin laughed, tossing the cloth into his flesh palm so he could flex his gloved, metal fingers.

"You need to stop talking—you're only going to make that cut worse."

"And you need to go to sleep. I can handle holding a cloth to my face, Anakin." She couldn't remember when she'd begun using his name to address him, but it hadn't been long ago. It felt natural, which was... nice. Sometimes he felt like less of a master, and more like a friend. And he didn't seem to mind.

Anakin let his head fall back against the wall again, looking up at the ceiling with a smile on his face. He didn't speak for a few moments, leaving Ahsoka confused as to what was so amusing.

"You remind me so much of myself, it scares me sometimes," he finally said, eyes finding hers.

"Huh?"

"Obi-Wan used to stay up for days whenever I was in the medbay, even when I begged him to get some rest. I think the medics had to knock him out one time with something. It's just... I don't know. It's funny being on the other side of the situation."

The intact side of Ahsoka's mouth turned up in a half-smile.

"Tell me more," she requested, leaning fully against him. He grinned, huffing out the tiniest of laughs as he looked down at her.

"Alright."

And he did. He rambled on and on, narrating too many of his adventures for his padawan to count. Ahsoka listened intently, not saying a word, like he had told her not to just a few minutes earlier.

Anakin wasn't sure when he fell asleep, his head on top of Ahsoka's, but he was certain that it had been before she did. When he woke up, the cloth was in her hand, and he knew that she'd asked for his tales on purpose, just to get him to sleep.

He shook his head at her.

"Just like me," he whispered while she slept. "Wow."

SO

A LOT OF STUFF HAS HAPPENED

ASHLEY AND HAYDEN MET ON STAGE FOR THE FIRST TIME AT STAR WARS CELEBRATION AND SHE CALLED HIM SKYGUYYYYAJDSJLALQOWOOWOWWOWOOW

THE AHSOKA SERIES HAS A TEASER TRAILER AND SABINE AND HERA ARE IN IT AND SO IS A LIVE ACTION SHOT OF THE ICONIC GHOST CREW PAINTING AND IT LOOKS AMAZING

THERES A NEW MINI SERIES CALLED TALES OF THE JEDI AND IT'S ANIMATED AND IT HAS ANAKIN AND AHSOKAJSAIJSJ TOGETHER AGAIN AND WE GET TO SEE HIM TRAINING HER YOU GUYS I AM LOSING MY MIIIIIIND

BAD BATCH SEASON TWO TRAILER DROPPED CODY AND REX ARE BOTH IN IT AND I MISS OMEGA SO MUCH

THESE PAST FEW DAYS HAVE BEEN SOMETHING. ELSE.

AND KENOBI WAS SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD (SPOILERS AHEAD)

LITTLE LEIA WAS SO CUTE AND COULDNT HAVE BEEN MORE PERFECT, THE MOMEMT I SAW EWAN I STARTED MAKING SOME SOUNDS THAT I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN, HAYDEN THE LOVE OF MY LIFE HAD ME FALLING OFF THE COUCH AND SCREAMING, THE CLONE BROKE MY HEART, THE PADME REFERENCE OMGGGGGKSJSISK