Proud

SLIGHT SPOILERS FOR BOOK OF BOBA IN THIS BUT NOT RLY IT'S JUST LITTLE REFERENCES IT WONT RLY SPOIL ANYTHING IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT BUT IF YOU HAVE YOU'LL *KNOW*

"We need to take a break."

"No, I—"

The sound of Anakin's lightsaber retracting is enough of a finality to tell her that she doesn't have a choice in the matter. Part of her is grateful—she's exhausted. Another part of her is upset that Anakin could see that.

"Come on," he says, offering her a hand. She takes it, letting him pull her up to her feet, not using her own muscles at all in the process. She's too tired and she knows Anakin can support her weight on his own.

"You did good today," he continues, releasing her hand and beginning to walk toward the exit of the sparring room. She jogs after him.

"I lost every single round," she protests. She's expecting his trademark smirk and a quip about how it's nothing to worry about because he's more skilled than her, but he takes her by surprise when he shakes his head.

"You made progress. It doesn't matter if you won or not—you learned how to get back up." He gives her a smile. "Always get back up."

"Why are you making me stop? I thought you said that we couldn't leave until I'd beaten you once."

"I'm making you stop because I know that I've pushed you as far as I can today. Your heart isn't in it anymore."

"Yes, it is!" she protests, but Anakin just holds a hand up to her.

"We aren't going to get any further tonight. I want you to rest." He pauses before letting his raised hand fall to her shoulder. He lowers his voice so that she knows his words are for her alone, not any of the other Jedi who are practicing on the other mats across the vast space. "And I'm very proud of you."

She unclenches her jaw and allows herself to relax.

Anakin is proud of her.

He thinks that she's done well.

She can rest now.

"Thank you."

His hand moves to the space between her shoulder blades, and he guides her out the door.

She smiles up at him, tentatively, as they walk down the hall to their quarters. He grins back.

"I know that look," he laughs. "I can see it in your eyes, what is it?"

Her smile grows, turning upward further, into a smirk. And it's her turn to lower her voice to let him know that her words are for him and no one else.

"Tomorrow, I'm gonna kick your butt."

He seizes her around the waist, making her shriek with laughter before hoisting her up into a bridal carry as they turn the corner to their hall.

"We'll see about that."

SPOILERS SPOILERS OH MY GOSH

HOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIITR AIDILAZJOWSKPWKSPWMDOAHHH

PINCH ME

SOMEONE

PLEASW I SWEAR SOMEONE PINCH ME IM INCONSOLABLE I CANNOT BELIVE I CANNOT FATHOM I CANNOT ACCEPT THAT THAT. JUST. HAPPENED.

HELP

I

I LITERALLY DONT THINK IT'S POSSIBLE TO CONVEY MY EMOTIONS THROUGH WORDS I JUST WANT TO ADD A VIDEO HERE OF ME SCREAMING INTO THE VOID