1. overrated

"Alright! Let's all welcome to the stage Ricky Bowen!" Ellen said earning an immediate reaction from the audience. They began to cheer and scream as the music began and Ricky walked onto the stage.

Ricky waited for the audience to calm down before speaking "Thanks for having me Ellen, I'm really happy to be here today" Ricky said and the audience erupted in even more cheers.

"The pleasures all mine Ricky. If you're read we can just hop right into the interview"

"Let's do it!"

"Alright then! Only a matter of time has been such a huge hit with the fans. What inspired that song?"

"Well Ellen, I think we all encounter someone in life who we feel has the best intentions for us but they actually don't . I feel like this song highlights that, and that it'll come back to them in the long run"

"It's truly an amazing song Ricky. When you decided to release it, did you have a target audience in mind?"

"Well like I said before, I think everyone can relate to it in one time or another. So I guess my target audience would be whoever is willing to listen or whoever is currently going through that in their life"

"Are you working on anything currently? Is there anything you can tell us about your upcoming projects?"

"I can't really say much, but I have a lot in store for you guys and everything is coming soon. It actually may be sooner than you think"

"You heard it here first folks! Ricky Bowen is releasing new music sooner than we all think!" Ellen said and the crowd erupted in cheers "now last question Ricky, and this may be a tricky one so answer wisely. Who in the music industry do you think is overrated today?"

"You're trying to get me in trouble Ellen" Ricky laughed and so did the audience. "But I'd say Nini Salazar Roberts. I feel like her music is extremely repetitive and personally I don't know why people would want to listen to music about her broken heart all the time. I think she needs to switch it up a bit"

"Ugh!" Nini groaned loudly before turning the tv off and standing up to pace back and forth. She hoped it'd help her to left off some steam "I hate him. I hate him so much. He has no right to say my music is repetitive" Nini exclaimed angrily

"Calm down Nini. You're gonna stress yourself out. That's unnecessary stress added on top of the stress that you already have"

"How am I supposed to calm down Kourt? Ricky Bowen is such a jerk. Have you heard only a matter of time? For the entire chorus he's REACHING for those notes" Nini said and Kourtney couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"He's just jealous of you. Your music is breaking records while his isn't. You're a threat to him"

"You're right." Nini took a breath "I need something to distract me. I need something to distract me now"

"How about you go over my lines with me. We're filming for How to catch a cheater tomorrow and I still haven't memorized all my lines yet"

"Yeah let's do that. Running lines with you always helps me calm down" Nini sat next to Kourtney running through the lines slowly taking her mind off of what Ricky said about her.

•••

"Ricky what was that!?!" Benjamin Mazarra, Ricky's manager exclaimed after Ricky exited the stage

"Umm an interview? I thought I did pretty good. And the performance of only a matter of time was pretty good"

"Not that! Why did you say that about Nini!" Mazarra hit Ricky on the top of his head out of frustration.

"She asked! I just gave my honest opinion"

"Ricky in situations like these" Mazarra said calmly "you tell them no comment!" He whisper yelled.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry."

"Now I have to figure out how to fix this" Mazarra massaged his temples "you have to come out with a statement. You have to come out with a statement now and tell them that you didn't mean it. You have to say that you didn't mean it and that you love her music"

"It's- it's uh kinda too late for that" Ricky said reluctantly.

"What do you mean it's too late Ricky?"

"I uh, I kinda already tweeted that I meant what I said about her"

"You did what!?" Mazarra exclaimed "it's bad enough that you said it, now you tweet it!? Ricky do you know how protective Nini's fanbase is over her!? They can destroy your career faster than you can say only a matter of time"

"They knew Nini and I hate each other though, what's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that you've never talked bad about her music before! You two have had your normal bickering but neither of you have ever said anything bad about each other's music. You've started a war Ricky"

•••

"Umm Nini have you checked Twitter?" Kourtney asked as she scrolled through her feed

"No, why what's going on?" Nini asked and took a seat next to her best friend.

Kourtney turned her phone around showing Nini the chaos that was currently happening on Twitter. At the sight, Nini's blood boiled because Ricky was doing nothing but making the situation worse.

 At the sight, Nini's blood boiled because Ricky was doing nothing but making the situation worse

"I'm gonna call Jen and see if I should say respond to what he's saying about my music" Nini said as she dialed her managers phone number

Nini paced back and forth as that phone rang "I hate him so much that little—"

"Nini?"

"Jen! Hi! Have you seen all the chaos on Twitter?"

"Yes, I was actually just about to call you about that. I don't want you to respond to any of it"

"What!?! Why?" Nini exclaimed. Jen wanted her to sit back and let Ricky badmouth her music which wasn't sitting right with hers

"Because Ricky's Stan's will just go after you. It's best that we just stay silent for now"

"But Jen—"

"I mean it Nini"

"Fine"

A/N
Hiiii! So you guys wanted hateful romance the most so here we are! I'm super excited about this story because I absolutely love the enemies to lovers trope. Anywayssss I hope you guys enjoy and tysm for reading and coming on this journey with me!