5. unannounced

"Wait, so they're making you date Nini Salazar Roberts, but it's only for publicity?" Gina asked clarifying what Ricky told her.

"Yeah, all because I called her stupid music repetitive when I was on Ellen" Ricky said with irritation laced in his voice.

"You said it on Twitter too. So this is all on you Ricky" Ej said before attempting to throw a Cheeto puff up in the air and catch it with his mouth

"Ej is right Ricky. Plus everyone knows that when asked questions like that you say no comment" Gina added

"Hey! You guys are supposed to be on my side"

"Sorry bro, you know I'm a die hard Nini Stan" Ej said as he reached into the page for another Cheeto puff

"I'm on your side Ricky. But wrong is wrong. Sometimes you just gotta fix the messes you made." Gina admitted and Ricky sighed realizing that the girl was right.

"I just don't know how I'm supposed to keep this up for two months. We hate each other and can barely stand in the same room without arguing."

"You're gonna have to figure it out Ricky. She can't be that bad"

"Oh trust me, she is." Ricky rolled his eyes.

"Well she sure knows how to put out quality music" Ej added and Ricky glared at him.

"Maybe you should be her best friend then EJ"

"Is she taking best friend applications? Because I'll gladly...OW!" Ej started but was interrupted with Gina kicking him.

"It probably won't even be that bad. Just give her a chance Ricky" Gina said and almost immediately after the doorbell rang. "Were you expecting somebody Ricky?"

"No, I have no idea who that is"

"Well don't just sit there, answer the door" Gina said

"What if it's a murderer out there. I'm too young to die: I haven't even released my album and—"

"Ricky go answer the door" she laughed

Ricky got up to answer the door, and ej and Gina being the nosy best friends that they are followed Ricky to see who it is.

He opened the door to reveal Nini with a big binder in her hand and a smile plastered on her face.

"What are you doing here?" Ricky said with disgust laced in his tone.

"Nice to see you too Bowen" Nini said inviting herself into his house "we only have a week left until we announce that we're 'dating' so we need to plan out some things"

"Come right on in Nini" Ricky rolled his eyes that she just walked into his house without him even inviting her in.

"Nini's here!?!?" Ej exclaimed coming from behind the corner

"Oh hi...ej right?" Nini said greeting the Raven haired boy

"Yeah, that's my name" ej smiled

"Oh look at the time! Me and Ej were supposed to go on a date tonight and it's almost time for our reservation" Gina said looking at her watch

"But—" ej pouted

"Come on Ej" Gina grabbed the boys arm pulling him out. "See you later Ricky, bye Nini"

"Bye?"

"See you Gi" Ricky said locking the door behind her before letting out a sigh "Do we have to do this now?"

"Why not now?"

"Because I had friends over. Nini you can't just show up to my house unannounced"

"It's not like I have you number Bowen. And you know I like to be organized— why am I defending myself to you. I'm here now and we're going to plan this relationship out"

"Not until you understand that you have to give me some kind of heads up that you're coming. You could've sent a DM or something. What if I had a girl here"

"You're cheating on me already" Nini placed her heart and gasped jokingly before laughing "I crack myself up sometimes"

"Nini!" Ricky raised his voice clearly irritated.

"Calm down Bowen. Ej and Gina were headed out anyway. I don't see why it's such a big deal"

"Whatever Nini. Let's just get this over with " Ricky said clearly irritated

"Now you're speaking my language" Nini said before following the boy to the table

"So what's in the binder?"

"All of our dates. Where we'll go, what we'll do, when it'll be. Stuff like that"

"You planned out all of our dates?" Ricky laughed slightly "no wonder she's always heartbroken. She's impossible to put up with" Ricky mumbled

"Yes, I like to be prepared. That way we'll be prepared if anything goes wrong"

"Nini no one plans out dates like that. They're best when they're spontaneous"

"We're not really dating though Ricky. So it's best that we have them planned out."

"Nini they actually have to look believable. This is not going to look believable if you have everything planned out like this. It's going to look forced"

"Yeah the chorus of only a matter of time sounds forced" Nini mumbled

"What?"

"Nothing, let's just try to plan out the first date" she proposed

"Fine"

"Okay so I was thinking we go to the mall. People would easily be able to spot us there, and we can get some shopping done. It's a win-win"

"Wait that's actually a smart idea"

"Yeah if you'd actually take the time to listen to people and their ideas, you'd see that sometimes they actually have good ones"

"Whatever Nina." Ricky rolled his eyes and Nini smiled knowing that she'd won that argument "I can't believe they're making me fake date you"

"You're no walk in the park either Bowen. You think I want to do this?"

"You know you never apologized for what you did"

"What I did!?" Nini exclaimed "what about what you did? You always find a way to blame your actions on someone else. If you're looking for an apology from me you're not getting one"

"You can't seriously think that the reason we hate each other is my fault."

"It was your fault! You're the reason— you know what. Nevermind" Nini grabbed her bag heading out the door.

A/N
Oop what do y'all think happened before? Anyway, tysm for reading and I hope you enjoyed