10. hypocrite

After leaving the coffee shop, Nini headed over to oneshotR media for the emergency meeting that Jen planned.

She parked in the back of the building, and took a deep breath gathering herself together for whatever the woman would say when she went inside.

She walked through the building with a slightly tired smile plastered across her face greeting the people she encountered on the way to the meeting room.

"Jen you really have to stop calling emergency meetings like this. I have a life too and—"

"Mazarra you gotta give me more of a warning when scheduling these meetings. How do you expect for me to just drop everything to come to these stupid meetings" Ricky ranted in a nonchalant tone.

"What's he doing here?"
"What's she doing here?"

Both the girl and the boy asked, but they didn't seem angry. Just genuinely confused why both of them were there. Since they were already aware of the fact that they were fake dating they didn't see the need to have a formal meeting like this.

"Well if both of you would let us talk, we could explain we're all here" Mazarra asked and both the girl and the boy nodded.

"Okay so we wanna start by saying that both of you have done an excellent job with the first part of our plan. We've received a lot of positive feedback from fans and you guys have a few couple fanpages already. With that being said, we want to take this to the next level" Jen told the two.

"The next level? You're not talking about kissing him because I'll literally throw up if I have to kiss Bowen—" Nini interrupted her manager

"Oh please. You know you'd love to kiss me. For me to pull you close to me by your waist. Gently move the hair out your face and lightly slide my middle and index fingers down your cheek. To move your chin up to look at me and—"

"Okay! I'd rather not hear that" Jen said interrupting Ricky. "When I said take it to the next level I didn't mean...that. Both me and Benjamin have seen fans hoping for a rini collab, and we thought it was an excellent idea."

"So you're saying, you want me and Bowen....on a song...together?"

"Yes that's exactly what we're saying Nini" Mazarra reassured

"Okay but can we get him some singing lessons first? Or at least have him sing in his lower register? My ears can only take him struggling to reach those high notes so much"

"You know what Nini." Ricky slammed his hand on the table standing up. He was clearly angry. "I've had enough of you talking about my music. We get it! You don't like the song. Just stop talking about it."

"Think about why we're even in this mess Bowen! You started talking bad about me and my music first, so maybe, just maybe you can stop being a hypocrite and take the insults" Nini fired back at Ricky only infuriating him more

"I'm a hypocrite? Alright let's talk about how you—" Ricky started, but stopped himself when he realized what talking about the past would open up. It'd bring back things that he was trying to suppress for a while now. It just wouldn't be good for him. "You know what. I'm out of here" Ricky said getting his things and leaving.

"Ricky don't leave. Wait" Mazarra said following him out the room.

"I can't do this anymore Mazarra. I cant deal with her, I don't care if everyone cancels me, I don't care if I lose my career. I just—I can't" Ricky ranted before storming off. This time Benjamin didn't even bother to chase after him.

Jen and Mazarra didn't realize that Ricky and Nini's problems went that deep. That their hatred actually had a reason behind it.

They'd always pushed it on the fact that Ricky and Nini were always neck and neck on the charts. If Nini wasn't number one, Ricky was. If Ricky wasn't number one, Nini was.

Benjamin and Jen always saw each other as the enemy because of that and they thought that's why Ricky and Nini were always butting heads. But now they could see clearly that wasn't the problem.

"Why do these meetings always have to go south? Why can't you guys just cooperate" Jen said angrily picking her things up to leave.

"Things with me and Ricky go a lot deeper than you think it does Jen." Nini sighed

"I wanna know what happened Nini. Tell me what happened. Why are the two of you so cold towards each other?"

"I can't talk about it Jen-I-I'm not ready" Nini said quietly playing with her necklace. Something she only did when she was nervous or hiding something.

"Well when you're ready to talk Nini. Call me" Jen said clearly frustrated, beginning to walk out.

"Jen wait" Nini called out and she turned around, a hopeful expression on her face "has anyone reached out to you about a um tv show?" She said shyly, and Jen's expression slightly fell disappointed that she wasn't going to tell her what happened between her and Ricky.

"Yes Nini, but if you and Ricky can't even sit in the same room for an hour without an argument, I don't know how you expect to act on a serious show with him. It'd be a nightmare" Jen said and Nini sighed before nodding and getting her stuff together to leave.

After the girl got home she grabbed her songbook. It seemed like the lyrics flowed from her freely.

She always wrote her best music when she was in a bad or vulnerable mood. She wrote strictly off of emotion and that's what her fans loved about her.

You got me messed up in the head boy
Never doubted myself so much
Like am I pretty
Am I fun boy
I hate that I give you power over that kind of stuff

Nini sighed before setting her songbook to the side, knowing she'd never be able to release it.

A/N
Hiiii! So my schedule is getting super hectic super fast so updates are gonna be a lot slower. Possibly 1 every two weeks. I honestly don't know get but I'll keep you guys updated.
Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and tysm for reading!