16. rain storm

"Nini I don't know if you should go. They're saying it's supposed to storm really bad." Kourtney worriedly told her best friend.

"I'll be back before it even starts raining, I'll be fine I promise. I just really want to get this out the way, and they literally won't let me reschedule " Nini responded as she grabbed her umbrella, and her jacket.

"Okay, just please be careful. This is supposed to be one of the worst storms in years. I need to know that you'll be safe."

"I promise I will. You're staying here right? I'll see you when I get back?" Nini asked

"No, I'm heading over to Howie's place. I'm staying the night there just to be safe"

"Oouuuu" Nini teased

"Shut uppp" Kourtney chuckled "we're probably just gonna watch some movies. Nothing big nothing interesting"

"Yeah sure" Nini playfully rolled her eyes. "I'm gonna head out just to make sure that I beat the storm. I'll see you tomorrow" Nini hugged Kourtney before making her way out the door.

It was super cloudy outside and it was obvious that the storm that they were about to encounter was going to be nothing pretty.

If Nini didn't want to get this interview out of the way, she'd be snuggled up under her covers in the bed.

Jen finally contacted the How to Catch a Cheater producers and accepted the part for Nini. Since Nini had already talked to Ricky about it he was ready to accept.

This would be the first official interview as a cast member. She expected to get asked questions like what she was most excited about to work on the show or maybe even about her previous acting experience.

When she finally got to the studio that the interview would be held at she quickly exited her car.

She hoped that the faster she got in there, the faster she could leave and hopefully beat the storm that was already on it's way.

"Nini! We're so honoured to have you here! Welcome" she was greeted as soon as she walked into the door.

She offered the man a smile before she greeted him back. "Thank you so much for having me"

"Your hair and makeup will be taken care of if you go right down that hallway, and turn right once you reach the end. It'll be a door there and you can go right in"

"Okay thank you so much" she smiled before she proceeded to walk to hair and makeup.

•••

Nini finally left the studio an hour later than she expected. Things were running behind and her interview kept getting pushed back.

When she looked outside the rain was pouring. There was no sign of thunder and lightening yet but they were on their way.

Nini quickly walked to the car as the rain poured down. She would've ran, but she learned her lesson about running in the rain a long time ago when she slipped and fell.

When she finally reached the car, she let out a breath of relief. With the little time she spent in the rain her hair was already soaked and she felt super cold.

The one thing on her mind was going home and snuggling under the covers.

She pressed the button to start her car, but for some reason it wasn't starting.

It'd make the sound like it was starting up, then just go silent.

After several attempts to try to start the car Nini gave up, and sat back in her seat full of lost hope. She didn't even want to call anybody for help because she knew how dangerous it would be for someone to come out in the rain.