19. first day

"Nini wake up" Kourtney shook the girl awake "it's your first day on set, you've gotta wake up if we're gonna make it there on time"

"Just five more minutes" Nini mumbled into her pillow.

"Nini come onnnn. I'm gonna drag you out of this bed if I have to" at hearing this Nini slightly opened her eyes and looked at the time on her phone.

"My alarm hasn't even gone off yet. Get out and let my alarm do it's job" Nini said before placing her head back onto her pillow and closing her eyes.

"Is this really the impression you want to make your first day there? You can at least be late two days in"

"Sorry Kourt, I can't hear you over my dreams" Nini said and Kourtney sighed.

If she really wanted to get out of there on time everyday she was going to need to have a pitcher of water on standby.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way Nini, but just know that I have a pitcher of water in my hand"

As soon as the words left the girl's mouth Nini popped right out of the bed "okay, I'm up I'm up"

"That's what I thought" Kourtney said sitting the pitcher of water down on the dresser.

"You know it's not nice to threaten people with water" Nini said still trying to get herself to adjust to the change in lighting

"It's also not nice to be late for your first day on set." Kourtney countered "besides you were going to get wet in the shower anyway. You'll live"

•••

"Cheer up Neen! It's your first day on set as an actress!" Kourtney said excitedly

"Kourtney I love you, but you should know the drill by now. You're not getting happy Nini until after 11am because anytime before that..."

"Should be illegal to be awake. I know, but aren't you just a little excited that you're gonna be acting with me?"

"Yeah but—"

"You're worried about Ricky aren't you? You know someday you two are gonna have to talk out all your problems. The hating each other thing is getting old" Kourtney ranted

"I wasn't even gonna say anything about Ricky—"

"Oh—"

"But now that you've said something, is that how you really feel?"

" I mean yeah it's how all of us feel. We understand that the two of you have some sort of twisted past, and we understand that you're not ready to talk about it yet but sometimes you two hating each other gets in the way of things" Kourtney said honestly.

"What type of things do you mean Kourt?" Nini asked. She had no idea her friends felt like this or that she was the reason they were being held back from certain things.

Ricky and Nini agreed that they would tell their friends about them making up together. Kinda like a surprise, but now she was questioning that decision.

"It's just, Gina and Ej are Ricky's best friends, and me and Ashlyn are yours. We all work together on the show and we get along really well. Sometimes we want to hang out outside of set but we don't want you or Ricky to feel left out. Inviting both of you isn't an option because the two of you can't spend three minutes in the same room without an argument."

"Kourt I didn't mean to..."

"I know" Kourtney gave the girl a soft smile. "It's just that sometimes your rivalry makes things more complicated than they have to be"

Nini sighed and sat back in her seat now feeling bad about the negative impact that her rivalry with Ricky had on their friends.

"I'll make it up to you guys. I promise" Nini told the girl.

Soon the girls arrived at the studio, and Kourtney noticed Nini's attitude had changed.

"Neen I didn't tell you that so you could feel bad—"

"I know, I just can't help but feel bad. Why didn't you say anything sooner Kourt?" Nini asked

"Because you and Ricky's problems are obviously deeper than they seem on the surface. Whenever you started to talk about what happened between the two of you, you just shut down. I didn't want to force you to do anything before you were ready"

"So why now?"

"Because it's starting to get in the way of your career and things you actually want to do. I can't let that happen." Kourtney told her earning a smile from the girl.

"Thanks Kourt" Nini offered the girl a small smile "I promise things will get better" she said before exiting the car.

Nini walked through the lot of trailers searching for the one that had her name on it. It wasn't a huge shock when she saw that they placed hers right next to Ricky.

She opened the door to her trailer, and took in the different features that the inside of it had. That is until her heart nearly jumped out of her body.

"AHHH" she threw all the papers that she had in her hand in fear. "What the heck Ricky? You nearly killed me"

"Oh so you can show up to my house unannounced, but I can't show up to your trailer unannounced" he laughed

"Not while I'm not in it" she hit the boy playfully. "What are you doing in here anyways?"

"Well Mazarra texted me and said that since we're on set with each other all day, we should get some videos and pictures in. He said it'll be very useful right now since our song is set to drop in a couple days."

"And you couldn't text me that becauseeee..."

"Come on Nini. We're back to being best friends now, you've gotta start expecting these types of things" he said propping his feet up onto the girl's couch.

"Okay so when I just show up at your house I don't want to hear any complaints from you"

"...you did that when we hated each other" Ricky pointed out.

"Yeah but now you can't complain about it" Nini smiled before removing the boy's feet from the couch and taking a seat next to him.

All her fears about seeing him being weird went right out the door. They were back to their normal selves before all the fighting and arguments.

They were Ricky and Nini again.

"So when are we gonna tell our friends that we're friends again?" Nini asked him

"When do you want to tell them?"

"As soon as possible. I feel like they've become collateral damage in the tornado that is us." She said honestly and Ricky nodded.

"You want to tell them tonight? After we leave set?"

"Yeah sounds great." Nini smiled

A/N
Hiiii friendsssss! I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far!

It's honestly so weird that they don't hate each other anymore lol.

Anyways tysm for reading! I appreciate each and every one of you guys more than you know.

Question timeeee

Q: favorite drivers license live performance

A: Jimmy Fallon will forever be my fav. It's just something about it that gives me chills.