Chapter 11: Diagnosis

"What did I do?! Did I do something wrong?! Tell me please what did I do wrong?!" I was shouting in the women's restroom with the stall door shut. It probably wasn't the best place to be scared at but I wasn't going to yell at my doctor like it was his fault. I kicked the side of the stall, my eyes filled with tears. I hear a girl ask her mother "What's wrong with her?", typical, But she's right, nearly everything is wrong.

I got out my phone and unlocked it, almost clicking Pesterchum in the process. I felt a pain in my gut, not from the newly found tumor in my side, but of fear that my best friend might already be dead. I held back my tears then called John.

"Hello?" He said in his quirky voice as always.
"John.." I cried even harder.
"Where are you?" He said in a stern voice.
"At the hospital in the bathroom, Look John-"
He hung up. My face began to feel hot, I could feel my ears burning.
Why would he of all people hang up like that?
Not even a few minutes later I heard a bunch of ladies shrieking, then a John boy, breaking the bathroom stall door I was in.
He swept me up off of the toilet lid and carried me like I was a toddler, running down the hallway.
In all my tears I see Roxy behind John, her face is full of fear. I rest my head on Johns shoulder as he slows down and Roxy opens a door.
I was back in my doctors office.
"You must be John." My doctor said to the man boy that was holding me.
"Yes, Now please. Help my best friend, I can't bear to lose her too." John spoke, I could hear the sorrow in his voice. He was talking about his dad, Lost his father at the age of 13, Oh John.
"We can start the treatments now, but we can only give her so much a day but-"
"Just fix her!" I heard Roxy squeak up in frustration.
The doctor nodded and took John, Roxy and I to the long term care room.
John laid me down on the bed, and I finally got a look at his face, His eyes were soaked with tears, He knew I had this thing inside of me. He kissed my head for good luck, as he always does. Then he hugged me tightly. As doctors filled the room they started the treatments.
Hours later, I was resting my eyes and John walked in, holding a paper in my balled up fist then handing it to me, It wasn't opened.
I slowly opened the paper, anxious that I might accidentally rip the machines attached to me right out of my skin.
I looked at the details.

The health care society of (place)______ predicts that patient ______ ______ has only 9 months to live. We sadly inform you of this and hope that you are feeling well soon enough.

I gently hand John back the paper, and say quietly "I've had it for too long.."
"What?" John says opening up the paper.
"'The tumor in the patients abdomen has grown to a size of 3 inches tall and 2.3 inches wide, It may be too late in the cancer to see for sure wether or not the patient will live much longer. The health care society of _____ predicts that patient _____ _____ has-'" Johns eyes widened then he crumbled up the paper and threw it down and kicked the wooden door that led to the hall way. As Roxy told me afterward, she sworn every nurse in that hallway stopped talking for at least a minute.
"GOD D*MN IT!" John yelled as he started to cry again.
Only 9 months..

[Thank you to those who have read so far, and due to the recent hacking, I feel like making it up to you guys for wasting your time with such an inconvenience. I put up this chapter as a appreciation note to all you derpicorns that have read this far.]