Chapter 12: Calliope

A month I've spent in this hospital, My hair is all gone because it has been falling out and the doctors said I would lose less sanity if I didn't focus on my hair I saw on my pillow every morning.
I'm in a therapy class that I've been going to the past four weeks and I'm sitting next to one of my new good friends. "Hey _______, Look at Doctor Rines." Calliope whispered to me and pointed at the doctors office window and I looked with her as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder.
"Bad lip reading?"
"Bad lip reading."
Calli giggled and she spoke in a British accent "I'm sorry Mrs. Goodmen, But your football has deflated dramatically."
I laughed and spoke after her "Oh no, not my football"
"Just get a new one you old hacky sack"
Calliope and I laughed so hard our stomachs were cramping.
Doctor Rines walked out of her office and sat down in the therapy circle then she began her sentence.
"What do you say after this session we do each other's make up?" Calli whispered to me
"Why wait until after, We could leave now." I say in a hushed tone back to her.
"Ladies, Would you like to share your conversation with the rest of the group." Doctor Rines spoke up.
"Yes Ms. Rines, I was just saying, I need to go to the bathroom really badly." I had to say it in the sweetest voice possible to make myself sound innocent, Good thing Calli already sounds very innocent.
"Yeah, Me too."
"I can't hold it any longer, May we please go?"
"Be quick with it now, But we won't wait for you alright?" Doctor Rines gestured to the group and I nodded at her decision.
Calliope and I left the room and Calli looked at me "Did your doctor say you could go outside yet?"
I shook my head "Nope, He said the medicine rate they're giving me isn't healthy and I should try not to harm myself with the rays of the sun."
"I snuck outside while I couldn't go out there, and I was nearly blinded for an hour. I had this sickening Sunstroke for nearly 2 days. Can you believe that?"
"Oh my, We'll, You're lucky you can now, I mean aren't you getting your tumor removed next week."
"That's the plan, I'm so excited, I'll get to have hair again, And I'll be able to play around with my brother again, and-, And I won't be with you.."
"Hey hey it's alright, Don't be sad about me, I'll be fine."
"you're sure?" Calliope looked at me with sadness in her eyes and if nodded as we walked into her room.
"So has that jerk of a troll texted you back yet?" Calli sat down on her bed and grabbed her make up bag as I checked my phone "No, and I don't think he's a jerk it's just, he probably can't text back."
"That's what all men say."
"Calli, When you live on a meteor and you lose signal for 6 months, Tell me."
"I'm sure he wouldn't have lost it this long though."
"Maybe." I sat down on her hospital bed and Calliope began to do my make up.
"Calli? What got you into doing make up?" I asked
"Anime tutorials on YouTube."
"Makes sense."
Calliope giggled
"You better not make me into a clown calliope"
"I'm not I'm not I promise."

A round 3 minutes later I went into Calliopes personal restroom and looked in the mirror. She literally made my eye lids the galaxy, Can't complain, It looks pretty beautiful.
"Alright, Your turn" I say to her and she fakes a freaked out face. "Come here weirdo" I laugh.

I felt like she was the only one in the world that could understand how I felt. She had a deadline as well, 2 months shouldn't be put on a 16 year old girl.