Fly me to the moon 8

Krisha,
after hurrying out of dorm, running late and barely making it before the match ended, breathless and exhausted i successfully got a very proper captain's report through which i could collect what i'd already missed in the game. it was a good thing that the captain, ken, was a very detailed explainer. thanks to him i now knew what to write and criticize. packing my back with a few minutes to grab a coffee from the coffee cart i started leaving the benches behind to hear some one calling out to me. i turn to find mike, fresh from the shower running towards me, his basket ball bag swishing here and there, fresh, muddy grass sloshing and crunching under his shoes. he looked like those little boys in sit coms. trying to hide the smile that brought me i waited for him with my shoulder back and chin up. he reached me clapped me on the shoulder, trying to catch his breath he asked "you weren't here for half of the match?"

"yeah i dosed off." i replied surprised he even noted.

"do you have enough to write the article ?"

"ken, filled me enough more than enough." i said with a knowing look.

"coffee cart?"

"duh."

"Come on, let's go together." he said and started walking towards the campus. the coffee cart was in the middle of the campus and nearest one was between block B and block C. as we both walk towards the campus we are joined by cecily and charlotte, who are actually twins with very identical yet very unidentical leeks. cecily is dark haired and grey eyed while charlie was brown haired and jade eyed but everything except that was perfectly co-incidental between them. after having a large cup full of coffee to go i move towards my day worth of classes and activities.

Chapter 7,
Krisha,

"here we are" sighed Ella. The much anticipated hunt was here. first thing in the morning we all had assembled on the football ground, jittery and jumpy in our sweats and sweaters. well, atleast most of us had. darcy looked like he had been here from the first light.

"did you sleep here last night?" ella had asked dracy once we arrived, clearly noticing the morning mist that settled over his hazel hair to which darcy had defended that he had just arrived an hour early confessing that he was nervous. ella had chided  "well, you are not the only one who had been running sleepless." giving me a sly look.

our eyes met and darcy gave a small smile to which ella had rolled her eyes and soon enough we were joined by mike, not nerves at all and well composed as if he did this for breakfast everyday. which was in one way true since he did have his fair share of games and nerves must have become a constant.

maybe i should do sports, i thought, which just led me snort out loud, earning me a weird look from the gang. "humour me, krisha." i jumped as a came a voice right next to my ear, a hush of warm breath in its wake. i snapped my neck to brush my cheek against mike's lips and jumping to only lose my footing which only led me tpo pinwheeling my hands until mike caught me by the shoulder telling "easy."
embarrassment crept into my throat as mike asked "come on krisha! humour me!" again.

"humour you how?" i asked, regaining my composure.

"you thought something was funny and snorted, so, tell me what you thought was funny enough to snort in public" he asked with a easy smile.

"nothing" i croak out, my cheeks aflame, in humiliation.

"now, now what did you tell to my little krisha to make her wishing she could bury her head underground?" darcy questioned, poking his head in between our shoulders. great!! now darcy too!

"oh puh-lease! it's krisha, ask her about her breakfast and she's going to go red." proclaimed another voice, Ella. amazing! now i'm the centre of attention, which is probably the last thing i need now.

"that's not true." i defend. "you know it is krisha." darcy throws back, shaking his head in silent laughter. i just want to slap him, just to see that infuriating, smug look off his face. somehow the stupid boy, always finds a way to get into my skin. i turn my head from darcy only to find mike giving me a questioning look, as if trying to decipher something.

"boys and girls of literature! welcome to the annual treasure hunt! i kindly ask the groups to join me in front of the platform for further information." cuts in Mrs taylor's clear voice and we all move in front of the cheerleader's stage. whoosh... here we go.