Fly me to the moon 11

"You know i can pay for my ticket right?" I asked, earning a baffled look from the guy in the ticket counter of the cinema. Mike and I had walked to the cinema instead of taking the trains all because he thought it would be more "date like" whatever that could me only lord knew. But grudgingly I did enjoy the walk, hand in hand with Mike through the streets as he showed me all the important sites and places that gave the best muffins in town. Turns out Mike really loved muffins.

"But the man paying is more dated. After all this is a trial for the date." he answered, handing the tickets to me.

"Sexist. I like it more." I answered.

"Well, in that case, you can pay for the tickets when we go on the actual date."

"Some one is very sure i'll say yes at the end of the day"

He smiled at me and leaned down to whisper in my ear "You just wait and see." his breath brushing my cheeks, making me go a bit red. He took my hand and led me into the theatre where most of the seats were occupied by college students.

"Wanna tell me what this mystery movie is about?" I asked Mike as we got settled into our seats.

"It's about a girl overcoming her past trauma about her family's horrible death"  he answered.

"Very romantic indeed." I mocked him.

"It's said to be good," he said, bumping me in the shoulder with a fist before offering me the popcorn that he let me pay for.

The movie was very good. I should give it to Mike, if he had taken me to some romance movie, I would have surely squirmed me throughout the movie. "Want to go out for dinner?" he asked looking down at me, my hand still in his. Not holding but touching, giving me enough space to take it back if i wanted to.

"You still have space for more food?" I asked,my face set on an incredulous look. We had about.... Everything in the snack counter, from popcorns, candies to slushies and ice creams."any more and i'll have to apologize for puking all over you, mate."

"Oh! Look at you. All posh and british!" he mocked, "fun fact: your normal intestine is different from your desert intestine!"

"Mike, you know it's a myth that the kids finish their food, right?" i said with an all too serious face.

"I don't think I heard from there," he said, bringing one of his hands near his ear mimicking trying his best to hear me. "Now, come on!" he said as he was halfway dragging me to the ice cream shop two streets away.

We both ended up getting ice cream. He, cookies and cream while I stuck with classic chocolate, earning a disapproving shake of Mike's head in mockery of me, which made me look up at him and wrinkle my nose. The whole ordeal ended with me getting kissed on my nose by mike and turning three shades darker, earning a deep chuckle from him.

Now, as I followed Mike, both of us still not even halfway through our deserts, I wondered where Mike was taking me. He promised me that I'll be happy to see this mystery place.

"This way" he said pointing at a ransacked house.

"Here?" earning an affirmative nod, "but no one lives here." I pointed out.

"Someone used to live here," he pointed back.

"But no one..."  mike started moving through the gate cutting me off mid-sentence. He looked back to find me firmly rooted outside the house and started walking back towards me. He stopped right when there was about one hair's breadth from my mouth and his chest. He looked down as I looked back at him.

His breath skittering off my cheeks before asking "do you trust me?"

"No." I answered with a drop of hesitation. He can get all offended by it all he wants to but that is the truth, never trust anyone, even if it was one of your close friends.