Fly me to the moon 3

"You guys should come to my party you know" Ava was saying to me and Ella. It seems Ava throws a party almost every weekend. It had already been a week since I came to the university, time was flying. Everything was going fine; well at least nothing was going wrong so that was good. The week had been nothing but normal, I found that I, Darcy and Ella had almost the same timetable except for lit- which Darcy and I had together- and psychology- which Ella and I shared.

"Yeah, you know I'll be there" said Ella.

"Ugh, not to be a bummer but I have work to catch up so, I think you guys should hit it without me" I lied. I had completed all the work I'd missed in the first two weeks but I felt severely homesick. The sickness was like a worm crawling under my skin. The last thing I wanted to do right now was go to a party and meet people. All I wanted to do was to go, check out the school library, which was described as if it was the greatest dream of every book lover. I knew that I had to check it out so; I was planning to sneak out there while the others were merrily partying. To be alone in a library all night, huh! Every book lover's dream. The thought removed the skin-crawling feeling and made me more comfortable.

Darcy,

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Ava questions me while she is applying mascara.

"I'll be alright, you go and have fun" I say.
Ava, my girlfriend apparently thinks the only thing you need to do when your boyfriend is sick is to go way from him and let him sort it out on his own so, I tend to use it to my advantage. I seriously feel like staying in today and not go out partying so I let Ava go without me.

"It's bummer you can't come. Take care, bye!" she says in a cheery tone and dabs a kiss on my cheek and leaves making me choke on her perfume. Damn! She uses a lot of perfume.

It's been two hours since Ava left for the party and I'm lying in my bed, staring at the ceiling. Today, somehow of all the other days felt somewhat off key. Well, the whole weird felt weird, no scratch that it felt super weird, starting high with meeting Krisha after almost three years. I couldn't believe my own eyes when I saw her standing there with Ella, mirroring my own reaction.

I remember the first time I met her, at the mall in India, sitting and reading poetry. There was something strange about her. First I thought it was just because she looked so young but then she told me later that she was actually a junior too, I couldn't believe my dumb-founded luck to find a girl of my same age who reads the same poetry as me but of course I mess it all up. i still remember her annoyance over me after she'd brought me back from the principal's office. I was able to tell that she didn't want anything to do with things that might have brought her into trouble. I still wonder if she's the same goody-goody two-shoes.

As I stare at the ceiling smiling at myself over that memory, remembering the hot tropical weather in her country, the smell of spices and the diversity in her country I remember the first words she uttered to me when she found out I was here, You didn't say goodbye, internally cringing. I had left without a trace. I flew at the chance of coming back home but I wanted to say goodbye to everyone I'd met and befriended, especially Krisha but things didn't work out well play out well and I had to leave immediately. But the rest of the week had gone out all right. Ella had told me that she was her new roommate and that she wasn't that bad of a roommate. I wonder what Ella would be doing at the party.

As the sound of the clock becomes a metronome to my trail of thoughts I realize it's about 9. Woah! Time flies huh! As I get out of my bed I see my door open and my roommate, Eric walk with his girlfriend, drunk and staggering into our dorm room. Taking by the looks, he must be really drunk since he starts making out- might I add grossly- with his girlfriend. Great! Now I have to leave.
I take my jacket and start getting out of rom without getting Eric's attention- it was not like he was going to acknowledge me even if I threw a brick at his head right now.