Chapter 8 - Meeting Riko

Hinata's POV

It is the next morning and Hinata is on the train to Seirin to meet Riko (Kuroko's Coach)

I wonder what Kuroko's coach is like. From what he has told me, she is a second-year girl and is very strict and terrible at cooking. 

End of Hinata's POV

A few hours before

Kuroko's POV

I walk into the gym to see Riko, Kagami, and Hyuga all practicing their shots (Riko is not doing that too). I cannot believe they can have so much energy so early in the morning...

"Hello, Kuroko! Where is your friend that you were telling me about yesterday?" Riko asks me.

"Oh, he actually lives in Miyagi so he is probably on the train here right now," I reply.

End of Kuroko's POV

Back to the present

No One's POV

When Hinata arrives, they all introduce themselves.

"You must be Riko!" Hinata exclaims, after everyone but Riko introduces themselves.

"Y-yea," Riko stutters, surprised at how enthusiastic the little tangerine was.

"Well if you do not mind, could I speak to you, Kuroko and Kagami privately please?" Hinata asks, looking at everyone.

*Kuroko, Hinata, Kagami and Riko all walk outside*

Riko: "So...why did you need to speak to me privately?"

Hinata: "I want to keep this short so basically I want to train Kagami and Kuroko."

Kagami and Riko: "What?!"

Kuroko: "Hinata actually trained all of us at Teiko and is the reason why we are so good."

Riko: "Oh okay.."

Hinata: "You're probably wondering why I want to train them and it is because I was Kuroko's first light, as he may have explained to you what a light is before, so I know how to train the both of them together so that they can become stronger."

Riko: "Hmmm... How hard is your training menu? Assuming you have one prepared?"

Hinata: "About 100 to 200 of everything such as sprints, shoots, passes, push-ups, etc."

Kagami: "What?! How are we supposed to survive that?"

Kuroko: I survived it for three years straight so I am pretty sure you can for two weeks Kagami."

*Kagami makes a frustrated face*

Hinata: "Anyway, would you like to see me play? I will team up with Kuroko and show you what they will become after I train them."

Riko: "Okay."

*Riko, Kagami, Kuroko and Hinata all walk back inside*

"Hyuga! Can you come and do a two-on-two with Hinata and Kuroko? You will be with Kagami," Riko tells Hyuga.

"Uh sure?" Hyuga replies, confused on why they were doing this.

When they are all ready, Riko throws the ball up and Kagami gets it and passes it to Hyuga only to find that Hinata had run from one half of the court to the other and intercepted their pass. Within just two seconds, Hinata shoots the ball into the net and it goes straight through without hitting the hoop. Kagami then gets the ball and does a low pass to Hyuga that Kuroko blocks, then hits it straight into the direction of Kagami's head, but Hinata catches it before Kagami can react and dunks the ball into the hoop.

The game ends with Kagami and Hyuga only getting one shot and Kuroko and Hinata getting 10 shots.

End of No One's POV

Kagami's POV

As much as I hate being beaten so badly like this, I kind of found this satisfying because of all the chances I was going to get to play this unbeatable player. And the fact that this shrimp is going to be training Kuroko and I so that we can play like this is amazing.

End of Kagami's POV

Hyuga's POV

That was... I am so lost for words. I cannot even begin to describe what I just saw. The little orange head was so fast and quick to respond and react, his shooting was perfect, he was like all the generation of miracles combined into one person!

"That was amazing Hinata and Kuroko," I tell them, "you guys are monsters together in basketball."

End of Hyuga's POV

No One's POV

Hinata and Kuroko flinch at the name 'monsters'. They didn't like being called that.

"So then it is decided, Kagami, Kuroko, from now on for the next two weeks, you will be trained under Hinata."

End of No One's POV

END OF CHAPTER 8 - MEETING RIKO

Word Count: 724