Chapter 16 - Liar

It is the next morning and Hinata and the rest of Karasuno are in the canteen eating their breakfast.

Hinata's POV

"Hey Hinata?" Kageyama asks, "why did you want to leave do quickly while talking to Oikawa yesterday?"

"O-oh r-right I forgot to tell you about that," I reply in a hushed tone, "come with me outside for a bit, there is something you need to know."

End of Hinata's POV

Kageyama's POV

I follow Hinata outside the canteen, worried that something was wrong.

"So, uh, you know how a few weeks ago I revealed my secret to you? About how I used to be a basketball player at Teiko middle school and am one of the "miracles"? Hinata starts, looking around to make sure no one else was listening.

"Yea...?" I reply, "is something wrong?"

"Um well..." Hinata continues.

End of Kageyama's POV

Hinata's POV

"I will try to keep this short but basically there are six other miracles who each go to one of the schools whose basketball team is here and I need to avoid them because they are looking for me. That time with Oikawa, I accidentally made eye contact with one of them."

*Kageyama stays silent*

Why wasn't he saying anything? Oh no. Is he going to tell someone?

"Uh Kageyama?" I ask, waving my hand in front of his face.

"Oh sorry, uh, is there a reason they are looking or you? Did you do something bad?" Kageyama asks me.

End of Hinata's POV

Kageyama's POV

"...Did you do something bad?" I ask Hinata. Why would they be looking for him?

"Nup!" He replies, instantly back to his normal self, "anyway, do not tell anyone okay? Let's go back inside."

Hinata is a terrible liar. He always darts his eyes to a different direction and tries to runaway whenever he is lying.

"I know you are lying Hinata," I whisper, walking behind him, "but it's fine, you do not have to tell me what it is now."

"But I am not-" Hinata starts.

"Oi lovebirds hurry up! We need to start training soon, finish your breakfast in five minutes!" Tanaka calls from inside the canteen.

"Coming! I shout, jogging inside and leaving Hinata.

End of Kageyama's POV

Hinata's POV

What...? How could he tell I was lying? Either way, at least I know he will not tell anyone.

As I start walking to the canteen, I notice Sugawara and Kageyama talking alone together. What were they talking about? It could not be about me could it..? They keep looking back to me as I eat and it was starting to get uncomfortable. Surely Kageyama would not betray me and tell Sugawara everything...right?

End of Hinata's POV

Sugawara's POV

I was heading to the sinks to wash my hands when I see Kageyama and Hinata outside talking. Kageyama had this worried look on his face and Hinata seemed to be talking about something serious. After a while they walk back in and I motion to Kageyama to come to me.

"Hey! What were you and Hinata talking about out there? It seemed pretty serious." I ask as he eats his food.

"Oh its nothing really...he was just talking to me about stuff..." Kageyama replies, looking away.

"Mhm okay," I nod. Kageyama was a terrible liar. He could not of made it more obvious that something was wrong but I decided not to pry. Instead I look over to Hinata and to my surprise, he was eating alone and seemed to be deep in thought. What happened outside?

End of Sugawara's POV

END OF CHAPTER 16 - LIAR

Word Count: 602