Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Stephanie

"Lydia, wait!"

Stephanie had to hitch her bag over her shoulder while tucking her violin case under her other arm, rushing forward to catch up with her friend while panting heavily. "Seriously Lyds - do you have to walk so fast? I'm barely keeping up over here."

"Sorry," Lydia stopped in her tracks to turn toward Stephanie, grinning sheepishly. "I'm used to walking by myself to the academy. I s'pose my steps are sort of fast."

"'Sort of fast'?" Stephanie stared at her skeptically. "Girl, if there was an Olympics for walking, you'd win all the gold medals!"

"Okay, now you're just being dramatic," Lydia giggled, hooking her arm through Stephanie's free elbow and tugging her forward. "Come on, we're almost there anyway."

"Yes I know. And we'll get there in decent time without walking like there's a fire behind us," Stephanie said pointedly, and Lydia rolled her eyes in amusement.

Stephanie

Lydia

It was Sunday, and Stephanie and Lydia were currently heading over to the Royal Academy of Music. The summer semester was beginning tomorrow, and Lydia was busy preparing for her classes; she had agreed to bring Stephanie to the academy today and show her around, and Stephanie was excited, if not a little nervous, to see where she could finally begin practicing her violin. She would likely be spending a majority of her time over here these next few months.

"Here we are," Lydia said brightly as they turned the corner onto Marylebone Road. She gestured grandly to the building in front of them. "Ta da!"

Stephanie couldn't help but stop and stare at the Royal Academy, her wide eyes taking in the beautiful structure. It was a tall, ornate-looking brick edifice that stood tall amongst all the other buildings and houses along the road. The sun was actually out this morning (which Stephanie had realized was a pretty rare occurrence here in London) so the blue sky as the backdrop complemented the beauty of the architecture rather nicely.