Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"So where are you taking me?"

Kyle chuckled at Stephanie's question, feeling unusually light and happy as the two of them walked out the front doors of the Royal Academy together. They were holding hands with each other as they walked, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

"Where would you like to go?" Kyle smiled at her. Their fingers were laced together as their hands swung slightly between them in a playful manner. Kyle thought that the warm, soft feeling of Stephanie's hand in his own and the sound of her cute laughter was better than anything in the world.

Seriously, what is this girl doing to me?

"I don't care. Surprise me," Stephanie said, giggling as she bumped her arm against his. "I'm a foreigner, remember? I don't know this city."

"Oh yeah, that's right," Kyle said with feigned realization. "There's actually a nice pub a few blocks away called The Metropolitan if you want to go there? I'm sorry, I didn't exactly have anything planned for tonight."

"That's okay," Stephanie smiled up at him, the expression in her eyes making Kyle feel about ten feet tall. "I'm fine with wherever. If you like this place, I'm sure it's fantastic."

"Oh no, now I've raised your expectations," Kyle joked, shaking his head. "You're going to hate this place now, I just know it."

Stephanie laughed again, causing Kyle to laugh as well. "You're too much, Kyle Lancaster."

"And don't you forget it."

They walked out the front doors of the Academy and down the sidewalk, still holding hands while making small talk. Kyle couldn't believe what Stephanie had said to him earlier: that she wanted him to ask her out to dinner tonight. He almost wondered if this was all a dream, but as he held Stephanie's hand, running his thumb along her soft skin an hearing her soft giggle in his ear, she felt like the most real thing in the world.

Honestly, how did I live my life until this point without knowing her?

However, the thought that Stephanie wouldn't be staying in London forever dampened the happiness he had been feeling in the moment. She was going to be going back to America soon, or if she got that violinist spot in the string quartet, she would be going on tour around the EU. In addition to that, Kyle would likely be starting up another world tour once the summer and his masterclasses at the Academy were over with.

It was ironic that Kyle hadn't even wanted to come to London in the first place, and now... now he never wanted to leave, as long as Stephanie was here. Fate had decided to mock him, apparently.

He decided not to dwell on it, at least for the moment. Today, he just wanted to enjoy his time with the girl he really liked.

Kyle and Stephanie turned the corner on the street where the pub they were going to was. The London streets around here were rather crowded this afternoon, and Kyle couldn't help but notice more than one person glancing over at him and Stephanie, expressions of interest on their faces. Kyle instinctively clutched Stephanie's hand a bit tighter in his own

"OH MY GOD!!!" a girl standing a few yards away suddenly screeched excitedly, causing Kyle and Stephanie to jump in surprise. The girl began hopping up and down in place while pointing at Kyle, practically in tears. "Ohmygod, Kyle Lancaster! I love you SO MUCH!"

A few of her friends also noticed Kyle, and they all gasped before talking excitedly with each other, pulling out their phones while moving towards him. Kyle and Stephanie both froze as several other people gazed at Kyle with obvious curiosity.