Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Monday

Monday morning... the first day of the summer semester. And Kyle's first day of teaching.

God help me.

Kyle's first week back in London had been uneventful, which was exactly what he had wanted. His flat in Knightsbridge had been fully furnished when he arrived, and apart from having to venture out for groceries the other day, he barely left his place the entire week. Reg tried to convince him to 'live a little' and enjoy his time here in London, but he just could not bring himself to warm up to being back in his hometown. As far as he was concerned, the less he saw of this bloody city, the better.

Kyle Lancaster

He knew he didn't have any old buddies he wanted to meet up with or any family members he wanted to visit while here

He knew he didn't have any old buddies he wanted to meet up with or any family members he wanted to visit while here. Well, that wasn't entirely true - there was his Uncle George, who might actually be happy to see his nephew again. Kyle might pop by the music shop at some point in the next few months to say hello.

Apart from his uncle, though, and maybe Reg, he really didn't have anyone here. And that was just fine by him.

For the most part, Kyle was determined to just grit his teeth and get through this teaching gig until the end of the summer semester. And then he could leave this cursed city again and go back on tour, where he belonged. This masterclass would just be another thing to add to his long list of musical accomplishments, and that was about it.

So, on this bright and early Monday morning, Kyle reluctantly got ready to head over to the Royal Academy of Music for his first ever masterclass. He knew that one of the benefits of teaching a masterclass was that he didn't need a lesson plan or a syllabus - the class was mostly focused on the students and their musical abilities, and Kyle would simply listen to them perform for him before offering his own musical advice. He wondered vaguely if he could get away with just letting the students play their instruments and not saying anything the entire lesson.

Probably not.

Kyle now got into his rental car and began to head over to the Academy, wishing the ten-minute drive was a lot longer than it actually was. He thought idly about stopping somewhere for a cup of tea, but figured there was going to be some in the teacher's lounge at the Academy. Despite his reluctance to be a teacher, he figured it would be bad form to be late on his first day.

He soon arrived at the Academy: it had been years since he had last seen this place, and he couldn't help but admire how beautiful the structure of this building was. It reminded him a lot of some of the places he had performed at throughout the EU.

He parked in the employee car park before heading inside. His classes were going to take place in one of the small performance halls up on the fourth floor, so he figured he'd stop by there first to make sure everything was in order before grabbing his cup of tea.