Chapter 15

Chapter 15

BATTLE OF THE MUSICAL EXES

Kyle Lancaster and Chloe Alistair were seen having a bitter argument about their relationship... and Ms. Alistair may have revealed a bit too much!

Classical musicians and former lovebirds, Chloe Alistair and Kyle Lancaster, were caught the other day by their students arguing in one of the classrooms at the Royal Academy, where both are currently teaching a series of masterclasses over the summer semester.

According to the students who overheard them, Mr. Lancaster had been angry at Ms. Alistair for constantly flirting with him in public, while the latter insisted she had a right to flirt with him if it gave her free publicity.

Rumors of the two of them getting back together had been circulating amongst fans for many weeks now, but now it sounds as if all of that buzz had been manufactured by Ms. Alistair herself. Needless to say, fans are not happy with this revelation.

So how will Ms. Alistair talk her way out of this one?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next few days, news about the infamous argument circulated amongst everyone at the Royal Academy. The dozen or so students who had overheard their fight quickly spread the news around to everyone, and by the end of the day, everyone at school, including the teachers, had heard about it. By the following day, a few local newspapers had even picked up on the story.

Chloe had stayed rather quiet about the whole ordeal: she continued teaching her masterclasses as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened, despite all her students likely knowing exactly how much of a shallow harpy she really was. Kyle had remained rather tight-lipped about the incident as well, but it was clear his students now admired him a great deal for putting up with how unfairly Chloe had treated him. 

Stephanie heard about the incident from Lydia the morning after it had happened. The two of them were hanging out in her office, and Lydia had shown her a local London newspaper she had bought from a nearby newsstand. Stephanie read the story, and wasn't quite sure how to feel about it: on one hand, she was never one to believe gossip and hearsay, so this might have just been a false rumor that was spreading around and subsequently picked up by some local gossip rags. 

However, if it was true, then it sounded as if Kyle had actually gone head-to-head with his ex-girlfriend in an effort to defend Stephanie from her.

The thought made her heart flutter.

Stephanie thought about her argument with Kyle the other day in the practice room, and she couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt about how she had treated him. She had been in a bad mood after seeing him and Chloe being interviewed together, and she had taken it out on him, even though he didn't deserve it.

It was unreasonable for her to get angry. After thinking about it for a bit, Stephanie realized she should have taken into consideration Kyle's position as a famous musician who was often in the public eye: it wasn't as if he could have interrupted the interview and caused a scene the moment Chloe started flirting with him. That would be a ridiculous reaction, especially since Stephanie and Kyle weren't even a couple.

However, with this rumor circulating of Kyle and Chloe's fight, maybe Kyle really did confront Chloe over her obnoxious behavior. It may have inadvertently been Stephanie's fault that all of this was happening, and she hoped she could find Kyle at some point over the next day or two and apologize to him about all of this.