Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"Shouldn't she be here by now?"

Marcus watched in amusement as his fiance looked about ready to jump out of her skin, pacing the area in front of the baggage claim doors. "Babe, her flight just got in – she'll be here in a few minutes," he said calmly, leaning against a nearby wall and crossing his arms. 

Logan International Airport was fairly busy at this time of morning, but Morgan ignored Marcus as she gazed over the tops of people's heads, hoping to see her best friend's fiery red hair amongst the masses. "I haven't heard anything from her, though," Morgan said fretfully, wringing her hands together. "She told me she would text me once her plane landed, but she hasn't yet..."

"Then text her and tell her where we are," Marcus said reasonably. Immediately, Morgan whipped out her phone and began to text her friend, and Marcus chuckled, shaking his head to himself.

Marcus knew that Morgan had been in a constant state of nervous excitement all week, both due to her best friend returning from her months-long trip in London, as well as with all the stress of last-minute wedding planning she had been trying to navigate. Marcus tried to help wherever he could, but Morgan and his sister Tish seemed to want to do everything themselves. He was fine with that, since he probably wouldn't know what to do anyway, but it was hard seeing his bride-to-be so stressed out all the time.

While Morgan was busily texting on her phone, Marcus looked past her and noticed Stephanie's red hair walking toward them through the crowd of people. He grinned, pushing himself off the wall.

"Babe, there she is."

"What? Where?" Morgan's face shot up and she immediately scanned the crowd for her best friend. Moments later, Stephanie appeared before them, and the two women shrieked with joy.

"OH MY GOD!"

They immediately embraced while jumping up and down, causing Stephanie's violin case to swing and accidentally knock Morgan in the back. "Oh, I'm sorry!" Stephanie laughed, pulling away slightly so she could tuck her violin under her arm. "I didn't mean to smack you there."

"Oh, that's okay," Morgan brushed off, pulling Stephanie back in for another hug. "It's so good to see you again! I want to hear everything about your trip to London!"

"I'll be sure to tell you everything," Stephanie laughed, squeezing her friend back. "You know, yours is the first American accent I've heard in months, apart from myself. I was almost afraid I was going to come back sounding British!"

"You should be so lucky."

An unfamiliar British voice spoke up from behind Stephanie, and Morgan pulled away to see a good-looking guy approach them, smiling. He was carrying a suitcase in his hand as he moved up to stand beside Stephanie, looking down at her with an affectionate expression on his face. Morgan felt momentarily stunned.

"Um... Steph, who's this?" she said, glancing between the two with raised eyebrows.

Stephanie smiled and seemed to blush as she looked at the man beside her. "Morgan, Marcus... this is Kyle. Kyle, these are my friends who are getting married later this week."

"It's a pleasure to meet the two of you," Kyle said kindly, reaching forward and shaking Morgan's hand before shaking Marcus's. "Congratulations on your approaching nuptials."

"Thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you too," Morgan said, giving Stephanie a sly smile. "I'm so sorry, Stephanie didn't mention she met a guy in London who was coming back with her to America."

"You mustn't blame her. I sort of decided to surprise her at the airport," Kyle explained, grinning down at Stephanie beside him. "Thankfully, she agreed to let me be her plus-one for your wedding next week."