Chapter 5

Chapter 5

While Kyle had been heartily against doing any sort of activity outside of his flat or his classes at the Royal Academy, his manager Reg seemed to have other ideas. On Monday the following week, some of the students and professors were apparently taking a day trip to the British Museum to see an exhibit about ancient musical instruments of Europe and Asia, and Reg strongly urged Kyle to go. The trip was free, and going on it meant Kyle could skip his masterclass for the day, so that was enough reason for him to agree.

Kyle had done only two masterclasses so far, and he honestly hoped he would warm up to them eventually, because right now he was having a rather miserable time. He wasn't accustomed to teaching a large group of students, especially when most of them just seemed starstruck by being in his presence. The few students who'd mustered up the courage to play for him were undeniably talented, but he wasn't sure if the constructive criticism he'd given them was going to help in any way.

Musicality was such a difficult concept to convey to someone, since so much of it was unique to the musician. Trying to translate it into words to a group of eager students who pretty much just wanted to take a selfie with him was difficult to say the least.

Kyle now waited with the small crowd of students and teachers in front of the Academy as the bus that would take them to the museum pulled up by the curb in front of them. Everybody was casting him furtive, eager glances while whispering to each other - Kyle didn't really like it when people did this, but he was used to it at this point in his career.

Everybody piled onto the bus, and Kyle followed, sitting by himself near the front and feeling glad that he didn't have to talk to anyone. He gazed out the window as the bus pulled out onto the street, his mind wandering back to his masterclass.

Thoughts of his class soon led to the red-haired violinist who had hijacked his first lesson last Monday, and who he'd run into again this past Saturday in the auditorium. She was apparently friends with Miss Zebrowsky, one of the music theory professors at the Academy, and he had overheard Miss Zebrowsky call her "Steph".

That must have been her name: Stephanie.

Kyle didn't know why that Stephanie woman annoyed him so much, but she did, and it almost pissed him off more with how much he was still thinking about her. The temerity she had to talk to him like that was nothing short of confounding - she clearly didn't know who he was in the classical music world. How could someone apparently attending the Royal Academy not have any idea who he was? While Kyle was never one who tried to use his fame to gain favor with people, it irritated him all the same that this one random red-haired woman was so dismissive of him.

Not that she matters or anything.

Kyle decided to push this Stephanie girl out of his mind for the time being. The last thing he wanted was to be wrapped up with yet another violinist.

The bus taking all the students and teachers to the British Museum was crowded and noisy, and Kyle could feel himself getting more and more annoyed as they moved through the city streets. Thankfully, however, the ride was pretty short as the bus soon pulled up to the front steps of the museum, and people immediately got out.

Kyle stepped off the bus , gazing up at the austere-looking building as the rest of the students came spilling out of the bus behind him, chattering amongst themselves.

"I thought I noticed you. What are you doing here?"

Kyle looked over and almost jumped upon seeing the red-haired woman herself standing beside him, gazing at him with her clear green eyes. It was hot out today, and she looked very summery and cute in a blue tank top and jean shorts, large sunglasses pushed up on her hairline. The word 'beautiful' crossed Kyle's mind, but quickly dismissed the thought.